No peace in the Middle East

Discussion Forums Forums TV Newsroom No peace in the Middle East

This topic contains 72 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  scottish 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 73 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #31180 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

http://www.contactmusic.com+–>(http://www.contactmusic.com)
    David Lee Miller, a reporter for Fox News Channel, came under fire while on the air live via a videophone from Gaza Thursday. Wearing a flak jacket with the word “PRESS” stenciled on it, Miller was describing a deserted town (a “ghost town,” he called it) when he remarked, “Whoa, we’re being fired at!” A moment later, he said that he and his cameraman had retreated behind their armored van– even as additional shots were being fired. Throughout, Miller appeared calm, even as studio anchors seemed panicky, urging him to get out of the area. The videophone continued to operate inside the van as Miller speculated that Israeli forces had been doing the shooting “to scare us,”

#31181 Reply

kev667
    Participant

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar0jRu5fDZw [/youtube]

Video of the incident, via youtube.

#31182 Reply

sky.dub
    Participant

Why isn’t Emma in Beirut?

#31183 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

sky.dub wrote:Why isn’t Emma in Beirut?

Tim Marshall is in Beirut.

Jon Snow is in Jerusalem for Channel 4 News.

#31184 Reply

scottish
    Participant

sky.dub wrote:Why isn’t Emma in Beirut?

I imagine it may have something to do with the fact that her time as Middle East Correspondent is coming to an end. From what I seen, Sky’s coverage is as follows:

• Emma Hurd in Jerusalem
    • Tim Marshall in Beirut
    • Jayne Secker in Haifa
    #31185 Reply

sky.dub
    Participant

Coverage from Sky is good, Emma is a fantastic journalist. ITV News have Tim Euart and Julian Manyon there.

#31186 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Emma opened the 2pm hour, using phrases like “The top stories, Welcome to Sky News” etc… Allan and Colin come later in the hour.

Video: 3PM openers (2.9mb)

#31187 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Jeremy Thompson now live from Haifa, he opens Sunday’s edition of Live at Five.

#31188 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

kev667 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar0jRu5fDZw

Video of the incident, via youtube.

Both Jayne Secker and Tim Mrashall have also had to ran for cover.

#31189 Reply

bbc World Fan
    Participant

For the BBC Ben Brown is reporting from Lebanon and Paul Adams is reporting from Iraq. I can’t remember for sure. BBC World is sure having a lot of coverage about this. I think that CBC Newsworld is reporting on this as well.

#31190 Reply

sky.dub
    Participant

Jeremy is excellent as always

#31191 Reply

HOWIE
    Participant

Any images of Emma Hurd opening Sky News today, and I think Emma, Jayne, Tim & Jeremy are doing a brilliant job mind.

#31192 Reply

scottish
    Participant

Ben Brown and Jeremy Bowen doing an excellent job for the BBC in Beirut. Incidentally, it’s only a couple of months since the BBC reopened their bureau in the city after a 15 year absence I think. They also seem to have quite a number of reporters in Israel – but Caroline Hawley, who was meant to be the new major Jerusalem Correspondent, appears to be absent. Probably holiday time for some of the main foreign correspondents.

#31193 Reply

Pete19
    Participant

This looks as if it will go on for some time.

Surley Sky will leave Emma Hurd in the Middle East for the minute or will she still go to South Africa as planned?

#31194 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

12:29: Jeremy Thompson just dived for cover. a Missile hit just north-west of JT’s position.

[attachmentid=311]

#31195 Reply

kaylover
    Participant

I think its rubbish that Tim Marshall is on the videophone and not actualy live on a proper camara. :angry:

#31196 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Alastair Stewart has flown out to Beirut, he’ll be presenting the 6:30 and 10:30pm news from there.

#31197 Reply

HOWIE
    Participant

How many Sky News staff are over in the Middle East, we have

* Emma Hurd
    * Martin Stanford
    * Jayne Secker
    * Jeremy Thompson
    * Tim Marshall

#31198 Reply

kev667
    Participant

martin is presenting tonight live from …..?.. started at 8 I think..?

..it looks like the same camera position JT had.

Shame I’ve been at work all day & didn’t see JT amid the air raid sirens.. grr.

#31199 Reply

HOWIE
    Participant

Same place as JT

#31200 Reply

philg
    Participant

Yes its Haifa in Northern Israel.

#31201 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Sky News Online, Hizbollah, BBC online, Hezbollah…

Juliet Bremner is in Jerusalem.

Sky are playing out a uncensored version of Bush’s four letter expletive, Both the BBC and ITV beeped it.

#31202 Reply

scottish
    Participant

Colin Brazier is in Jerusalem now on Sky News – in his correspondent rather than presenter role at the moment.

#31203 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Laurence Lee is also voicing reports on the ‘crisis’ and signing off from Jerusulam

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 73 total)
Reply To: No peace in the Middle East
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register