Olympics 2012

Discussion Forums Forums TV Newsroom Olympics 2012

This topic contains 25 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  scottish 11 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Author

davedave99
    Participant
    #25617 Reply

davedave99
    Participant

Does anyone know if Sky are doing anything special for the announcement on Wednesday by the IOC as to who will host the 2012 games? Is Juliet going to Singapore? Any presenters out there? Is so it will be a busy day on Wednesday what with G8!!

#25618 Reply

calciofan
    Participant

I hope they have a presenter in Singapore for the results! But I bet they won’t – I fear they’ll concentrate too much on the G8.

#25619 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

The Olympic bid as been a big story on Sky News, I think it’ll get a lot of coverage and even more coverage if London wins the Bid.

I’ve heard rumors that Kay Burley is in Singapore and as made reports from the five country left in the race to host 2012 (which will be played out next week)

I would imagine that Juliet Errington (Sky’s olympic correspondent) to be reporting on that day (maybe from Paris/Madrid) and maybe another presenter based in London.

#25620 Reply

singledub
    Participant

[SIZE=14]Kay Burley is in Singapore and looking good in a nice top and a see through skirt. Any pics woudl be greatful. She alwasy lokos dam good donig things outside of studio.

#25621 Reply

daved2424
    Participant

That is sick.

#25622 Reply

davedave99
    Participant

saw kay do a piece on London this morning. lovely

#25623 Reply

calciofan
    Participant

Richard Bestic is part of the ‘team’ in Singapore too!

#25624 Reply

HBox
    Participant

I saw it too, albeit a few hours later. Singapore looks a nice city from where she was standing.

#25625 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

singledub+Jul 2 2005, 03:08 PM–>(singledub @ Jul 2 2005, 03:08 PM)
    [SIZE=14]Kay Burley is in Singapore and looking good in a nice top and a see through skirt.  Any pics woudl be greatful.  She alwasy lokos dam good donig things outside of studio.

Now Now – that was a bit nasty.

By the way- was the Size 14 for the top or hat?

I hope I am wrong, but I suspect that Paris will come out on top here. I wonder whether London will bid for the 2016 games though? At least they would have use for the Millennium Dome with the London bid.

Wednesday will be very interesting. If London gets it I wil be glad to eat my words, but hope they will stay the pace in the final lap.

#25626 Reply

calciofan
    Participant

Political Editor Adam Boulton is on his way to Singapore – but he’ll be back, i believe, for Wednesday’s G8 summit.

#25627 Reply

davedave99
    Participant

if europe wins this time there is no way they will get it again next time too. Africa looks like the smart money then…

p.s. i dont get the size 14 comment at all…was it a typo? thought she looked lovely in the promo

#25628 Reply

singledub
    Participant

Sorry people forgot to delete the size 14 thing was just trying to sort out the size of text.

I have never nor will ever insult Kay. She look shot to trot, as she alwasy does away from the studio. I wonder will we get full length veiws of her like we did with the promo as it was nice to see her legs in that see through skirt.. Great face great smile, great lips and still sex on legs.

#25629 Reply

davedave99
    Participant

coverage was great today. lives looked great. huge team out there. nice madrid piece too. quality. sky just gets better and better!!!

#25630 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

and the winner is:- “Paris”

Think of the money that will be saved?

After that decision perhaps the Gov can get and complete some major road projects that will mean a great deal more to everyone lives – like:

Dig a tunnel for the A3 at Hindhead – all approved and ready to go but stopped through lack of cash.

My local by-pass the A27 has been only half resurfaced with noise reduction asphalt – why not complete? Lack of cash of course.

Portsmouth is traffic clogged and a tram system has been proposed and all plans in place – but not built – why lack of cash

And so the tale goes on – this country needs a good sorting-out before we posture that we are World class society

#25631 Reply

singledub
    Participant

Just to make sure.

The size 14 was ment to be deleted before typing as I was sorting out the text size. I have never nor would ever say anything nasty about kay. She is still and will alwasy be sex on legs.

#25632 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Moscow, New York and Madrid are out of the 2012 bid.

#25633 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

London Wins the 2012 Olympic bid.

Kay Burley was screaming with excitement.

#25634 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

A very pleased and tearful Tessa Jowell was just interviewed on Sky News, bless her.

Sky’s Coverage:

• Lisa Holland and Anna Botting live from Stratford
    • Kay Burley live from Singapore
    • Juliet Errington and Dominic Waghorn live from the floor of the IOC Centre
    • Martin Popplewell and Sarah Hughes are live in Trafalgar SQ
    • Rachel Amatt live from Paris
    • Richard Bestic in Singapore
    #25635 Reply

davedave99
    Participant

i thought the coverage was superb…any highlights from anyone?

#25636 Reply

scottish
    Participant

Anyone manage to get any captures of the coverage?

#25637 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

I have many, Will sort them out now…

#25638 Reply

phaedrusuk
    Participant

Should also credit Anjali, who kicked off the start of the 2012 bid coverage overnight (UK time) by broadcasting the French presentation, where Sky showed most of the French presentation (and continued on Sky News Active) including the Luc Besson film presentation, and Chirac’s speech to the IoC members.

Was it just me, or the Luc Besson Frenh film was not very good, whereas it had been signposted as being superb ahead of time.

I missed the UK presentation – which was 7 or 8am this morning, but from all accounts the film pieces were better, more moving and the “kids are the future of sport” message payed best in the Hall.

French bid just seems to go through each Question in turn, re. transport links, venues, other arrangements – very matter-of-fact, not very inspirational.

P.

#25639 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Images: http://skynewscentre.co.uk/viewpictures.ph…ing/2012&page=2

#25640 Reply

phaedrusuk
    Participant

Hey Johnnie:

Is that Rachel Amatt reporting from Paris ?
    Bit of a far-cry from the school massacre in Chechnya, isn’t it ?!
    I know she moved jobs from Mosco/Russia correspondent to UK/North-West correspondent , but still!

2. Techie question – how do you capture your sky news snapshots – a TV card with screen-capture jpg function ?

Cheers, Phae.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
Reply To: Olympics 2012
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register