on SKY NEWS today

Forums Forums TV Newsroom on SKY NEWS today

This topic contains 21 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Steven 13 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #15662 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

In a attempt to get a discussion going on in this forum I am starting this new thread to discuss whats going on Sky News today.

The thread will be updated daily with the days Schedule and then the forum members can discuss how Sky are covering the news and discuss anything else in brief like

Reporters Locations.

Stories Reporters are covering.

Presenters shifts.

Graphics used (if you wanna comment on a new graphic or floor map ETC.)

banter between the presenters ETC..

Any problems you notice (wrong cam shot, broken newswall. ETC)

#15663 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Wednesday, 7 April 2004

SCHEDULE:

1000 INTERVIEW: Yonadam Kanna, member of the Iraqi Governing Council on the escalating violence in Iraq.

1030 INTERVIEW: Live from Sarajevo, Lord Paddy Ashdown, former leader of the Liberal Democrats and the international community?s high representative in Bosnia-Herzegovina where there are still 12,000 NATO peace-keeping troops.

1100 INTERVIEW: Dr Hamid Al Bayati, deputy Iraqi foreign minister and senior Shia on the fighting in Iraq.

1230 INTERVIEW: Naomi Klein, anti-globalisation author.

THROUGHOUT THE DAY ON SKY NEWS:

IRAQ: Violence in Iraq is escalating as the U.S. forces try to avoid a war on two fronts. In the Shia controlled Baghdad suburb of Sadr City there’s been continuing violence involving supporters of a militant Shia cleric. While as many as 12 U.S. marines are reported dead in fighting at the U.S. Army compound in Ramadi west of Baghdad. Sunni militants are reported to have mounted a sustained attack on the compound.

ANTI-TERROR RAIDS: A 17-year-old arrested during a series of anti-terror raids appears in court in central London this morning, charged with conspiracy to cause explosions. Sky News is LIVE at Bow Street Magistrate’s court with the very latest.

RAF: According to the Westminster spending watchdog, the National Audit Office, a “massively botched” procurement has left the RAF with eight Chinook helicopters worth ?259 million which it cannot use.

TODAY?S SKY NEWS ACTIVE VOTE:

Should Coalition troops pull out of Iraq? Yes/No?

#15664 Reply

philg
    Participant

I think Sky’s coverage of the events in Baghdad today has been excellent, David Chater has reported things in his usual fantastic manner, and I also like Tim Marshall’s analysis, he always has that extra bit of information- he clearly has a lot of sources.

#15665 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

I liked the floor map they used for the Chinook helicopters story. and i have noticed they have been camera paning from left to right and right to left during the newspaper review which also looks cool.

Emma Crosby said tonight “still to come on sunri…sorry Sky News”

#15666 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Thursday, 8 April 2004

SCHEDULE:

1000 INTERVIEW: Former Baghdad Ambassador, Harold Walker, and Dr Gailan Ramiz, Professor of Political Science at Baghdad University on the escalating violence in Iraq.

1030 INTERVIEW: Author Anthony Sampson on where the power lies in Blair?s Britain.

1130 INTERVIEW: Professor Robert McGeehan of the American Studies Institute and Republicans Abroad on U.S. national security advisor Condoleeza Rice testimony before the 9/11 commission.

1130 INTERVIEW: Pam Hodgkins, founder of the National Organisation for Counselling Adoptees and Parents on the government?s consultation paper which could allow parents and children to trace each other following adoption.

1200 The Bank of England sets its monthly interest rate.

1250 INTERVIEW: Ian McCafferty, Chief Economist CBI, on the the Bank of England?s interest rate decision.

1350 INTERVIEW: Christina Jordan, Deputy Editor of Your Mortgage on what the Bank of England?s interest rate decision will mean to those trying to get on the property ladder.

IRAQ: Fighting continues around the city of Fallujah.

9/11 COMMISSION: U.S. National Security Advisor appears before the 9/11 commission for a public testimony.

EASTER WEEKEND: Millions today prepare for the Easter weekend, but it?s a dangerous time on the roads.

Has the U.S. lost control of Iraq? Yes/No?

#15667 Reply

Tanya
    Participant

I wonder if the US National Security advisor Condoleezza Rice will have ( I assume the testimony will go under oath ) to give away any crucial information that will give some bad reputation to the Bush government?!

_______

Tanya

#15668 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

Was Dr Ramiz of Baghdad University live from Baghdad, or was he in London and what did he say about the cleric al-Sadr and his militia? Do they have substantial Shii support for example. What does he think will happen in the upcoming weeks?

I wish I could have seen that. Great to have Iraqis on the news too. This is a great idea Johnnie especially for those who don’t have Sky right now…as long as someone can please find the time to update me on what a guest says!! (or a reporter). Thanks

#15669 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Tuesday, 13 April 2004

SCHEDULE:

1030 INTERVIEW: Independent Labour MP George Galloway on whether he feels even more justified in his opposition to the war in Iraq following the escalation in violence.

IRAQ: U.S. forces are applying more pressure this morning on the Shiite leader behind the upsurge of violence in Iraq. Moqtada al-Sadr’s top aide in Bagdhad has been detained at a hotel in the city. It was the arrest of another al-Sadar aide last week which triggered a wave of attacks on coalition forces across the country.

IRAQ: General John Abizaid, head of the U.S. forces in the Middle East has called for an extra 10,000 more troops to restore order, arguing that the rebels must be defeated before the planned handover of power at the end of June.

U.K.: Police investigating the disappearance of twenty-one year old Amanda Edwards have arrested a man on suspicion of kidnapping.

IRAQ CRISIS: Will more troops solve the problem? Yes/No?

#15670 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Wednesday, 14 April 2004

SCHEDULE:

1030 INTERVIEW: Alison Lapper, the disabled model and artist who posed for a controversial statue due to be erected in Trafalgar Square, is today’s guest.

1600 9/11 COMMISSION: Today sees CIA director George Tenet giving evidence.

1820 PRESS CONFERENCE: US President George W Bush and Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon on their meeting today.

GEORGE BUSH: Full details and analysis of the US President?s news conference in which he insisted that the situation in Iraq was not developing into another Vietnam.

JODI JONES: Police investigating the murder of Jodi Jones have arrested and charged a fifteen year old boy. Jodi went missing last June and her mutilated body was found near a wooded path close to her home in East Lothian. Sky News is LIVE at Dalkeith police station where the boy is being held.

BECKHAM: Rebecca Loos, the woman who claims she had an affair with David Beckham, insists she’s telling the truth. In a Sky One interview Rebecca Loos says she’s not ashamed about the revelations. Sky News is LIVE at Real Madrid’s training ground.

IRAQ POLICY: Is Bush right?

#15671 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Thursday, 15 April 2004

SCHEDULE:

1000 LIVE: Investiture of the new Spanish Prime Minister Jose Zapatero.

1030 LIVE: Conservative Leader Michael Howard is on tour in Nottingham where he will be meeting local people and businesses particularly concerned with the issue of crime.

1030 INTERVIEW: Former hostage Terry Waite on the current hostage crisis in Iraq.

1130 INTERVIEW: Lord Hannay, former British Ambassador to the United Nations on the current situation in Iraq, and Prime Minister Tony Blair?s forthcoming meeting with the UN Secretary General Kofi Annan.

1430 LIVE: Military ceremony marking the accession to NATO of seven new member nations – Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia, and Slovenia.

1630 Q&A: Met Commissioner, Sir John Stevens, speaks to, and answers questions from, the London Branch of the Police Federation. London Mayoral candidates, Ken Livingstone, Steven Norris, and Simon Hughes, will talk about their vision for the Met police.

1830 PRESS CONFERENCE: England Football Manager. Sven-Goran Eriksson will appeal to England fans to behave themselves at Euro 2004 or risk the England team being kicked out of the competition.

OSAMA BIN LADEN: The Al-Qaeda leader is reported to have offered peace to European countries that pull their troops out of the Muslim world. In a tape attributed to the Al-Qaeda leader, bin Laden puts a three month deadline on the offer – but he also vows revenge against the United States whose troops are hunting him in the mountains of Afghanistan. Sky News? Stuart Ramsay reports LIVE from the Afghan capital, Kabul, where the hunt for Bin Laden continues.

IRAQ: Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi says his country?s troops will be staying in Iraq despite the killing of an Italian hostage. Russia meanwhile, has begun evacuating its workers in Iraq as the risks to foreigners there escalate. Sky News reports LIVE from Baghdad with the latest developments.

BECKHAM: David Beckham and the public will hear yet more allegations today from the former personal assistant who claims she had an affair with the England star. In an exclusive interview with Sky One, Rebecca Loos says she’s standing by the story which the footballer has dismissed as absurd and ludicrous.

WHO DO YOU BELIEVE: David Beckham or Rebecca Loos? Becks/Rebecca?

#15672 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

1030     INTERVIEW: Former hostage Terry Waite on the current hostage crisis in Iraq.

I think Terry Waite was the first ever guest on Sky News Today

#15673 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Friday, 16 April 2004

SCHEDULE:

1000 INTERVIEW: Sir Christopher Meyer, former British Ambassador to the US, on today?s meeting between Tony Blair and George Bush.

1030 INTERVIEW: Today?s panel discusses teenage magazines. Guests include Helen Johnston, editor of teenage magazine Bliss, Ralph Surman, national executive member of the Association of Teachers and Lecturers, and Clare Hoban legal adviser of the Periodical Publishers Association which runs industry regulator Teenage Magazine Arbitration Panel.

1130 INTERVIEW: Labour MP Clive Soley.

1400 PRESS CONFERENCE: Family of missing teenager Amanda Edwards call for the public?s help as the search intensifies.

1640 BLAIR/BUSH PRESS CONFERENCE: Prime Minister Tony Blair and US President George W. Bush comment on today?s meeting.

BLAIR IN THE US: Prime Minister Tony Blair called for a new United Nations resolution to drive forward the handover of power in Iraq. The Prime Minister was at the UN headquarters for meetings with the Secretary General Kofi Annan ahead of White House talks later today. Mr Blair said he shared America’s aim and purpose of restoring stability to the war-torn country. Full coverage including the Prime Minister?s meeting with the US President is on Sky News.

IRAQ: More fierce fighting overnight around Fallujah. There are reports of at least fifteen people killed in the city and 20 wounded. Elsewhere another Western hostage has been seized. Sky News has the latest news LIVE from Baghdad.

WHO DO YOU BELIEVE: David Beckham or Rebecca Loos? Beckham/Rebecca?

#15674 Reply

gaja
    Participant

Todays ‘Sky News Today’ is presented by Julie from Sky News Centre and Martin at the Westminister studio.

#15675 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

and may i say that Martin is doing an excellent job with the interviewees —not afraid to ask the questions or challenge the politicians.

Good on ya Martin

#15676 Reply

gaja
    Participant

Martin looked a bit bemused by the graphics when he was doing the story of the Transit of Venus. Funny!

#15677 Reply

Easty
    Participant

Marl Longhurst is back! His partnership with Kay is ace. Kay looks happy he is back! Martin Poperwell (spelling) – has been prometed from night time anchour to reporter! An excellent report in the weather…….. the day countinues on Sky

#15678 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Marl Longhurst is back! His partnership with Kay is ace. Kay looks happy he is back! Martin Poperwell (spelling) – has been prometed from night time anchour to reporter! An excellent report in the weather…….. the day countinues on Sky

Well not necessarily a promotion. He has been doing the reporting for a fair few weeks now. He is freelancing and still occasionly does presenting as well – although I’m not too sure if he’s done any night shifts recently.

#15679 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I think sky news is an exceptional news station, that has the most accurate news on Iraq in my opinion.

However The name of the programme ‘Little John’ is offensive;deeply insulting.Also it’s not descriptive by any means, so why is it called that?This name is hurtful and is almost an allegation.

Therefore; in conclusion I ask you to change the name or I will e-mail the Government.

#15680 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Why does it offend you?

The programme is named after the presenter – Richard Littlejohn.

#15681 Reply

Easty
    Participant

[quote=”.

Therefore; in conclusion I ask you to change the name or I will e-mail the Government.

We are not Sky News – we are are fansite to Sky News. So therefore we cannot do anything about LittleJohns name……. I fail to see how calling a TV show by your surname is offensive

#15682 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Come on people. I think the guy is messing with you. Let’s not give him any credence, and finish the discussion about his post here.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
Reply To: on SKY NEWS today
Your information: