On which day will Bin Laden be captured?

Forums Forums TV Newsroom On which day will Bin Laden be captured?

This topic contains 21 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Mr Byrne 12 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

kev667
    Participant
    #19817 Reply

kev667
    Participant

Any thoughts?

It’s a bit tongue in cheek, but u think the Bushies will do anything to stay in power?

Sunday is my guess. ..slow news day, maximum coverage..?

ta
    kev

#19818 Reply

Lee Smith
    Participant

Osama Bin Laden is probably already caged-up in Pakistan; He will be handed over Friday afternoon and paraded around the T.V. frequencies for Halloween.

Bush is such a 4 be 2 like Heir Blair a 4 be 3; They have scammed this one up between them I bet.

#19819 Reply

Alloneword
    Participant

Wonder if you 2 will be eating humble pie in a few days, I don’t like Blair but i don’t think have got this one set up, but time will tell

#19820 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

hiya Kev…isn’t it easier to scam up the US electoral system than to catch elusive talibeards?

#19821 Reply

DDP
    Participant

I doubt he’ll be captured at all, as I figure he’s been dead for at least the last year. He hasn’t been seen on tape for nearly two years, and he hasn’t made any statements in a similar timeframe.

al-Zawahiri has been making all al-Qaeda statements for that period, which gives support to the theory of the seriousness of Bin Laden’s illness which go back all the way to 2001. It could quite possibly have resulted in a recent change of command within al-Qaeda.
    With al-Zawahiri becoming leader, and al-Zarqawi, becoming number two in the chain of command.
    Jamaat al-Tawhid wa’l-Jihad, has appeared to it’s change name to that of al-Qaeda in the past week, with evidence coming from the release of videotape on Tuesday, of a Japanese hostage being threatened with decapitation within unless the Japanese government withdraws it’s 500 troops.

Not that you’d really know seeing as all the attention is on Margaret Hassan. Who if she was 100% and not 50% Iraqi, would not even get reported.

#19822 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

Margaret Hassan is female too, which makes the news eds more interested. Your point’s entirely valid. The news orgs have ignored the execution of so many hostages [eg Nepalese].
    I hope Sky aren’t going OTT as, well, you know my views. Less reporting and it may not be as prevalent.
    Who knows? It seems to be a valid question to try to find out who is holding someone, as their chances of survival appear a bit higher if being held by out and out bandit gangsters, not the so-called ‘Al Qaeda’ affiliates, whoever they are.

It’s not just in Britain that you get this ‘nationalistic’ bias with the reporting of hostage taking. France only runs news of the now 60+ days that their 2 journalists have been held. With the joy in Italy of the release (the ransom demand being paid by the Italians) of the 2 “Simonas”, the media just ignored that the Iraqi (man) seized with them was, in fact, executed.

Bin Laden may be alive. The fact that it suits a few politicians to keep saying he is, or that every attack is planned by Al Qaeda or one of the Al-Zs when they have no proof, doesn’t mean he’s dead. There’s a bagfull of crazies out there but the politicos can’t very well say “we have no idea who’s behind this” can they? Need the Bogeyman.

#19823 Reply

DDP
    Participant

Thing is though, the politicians quit saying he’s alive a long time ago. They don’t know if he is or not <_ <
    As far as the bogeyman issue, you can place the blame on al Qaeda. They fund, aid and train terrorists all over the globe that routinely attack western interests as a matter of ideology. Al Qaeda isn’t a single man control a single group. It’s many groups, working either with or for al Qaeda.

As far as the Hassan issue, it’s contoversial to say but can the possibility of being staged be ruled out? :unsure:

Will, UK broadcasters even bother mentioning the fact the body of an asian male( possibly Shosei Koda) was found with gunshot wounds to the head and chest?

Or the fact two truck drivers from Bangladesh and Sri Lanka were taken hostage and shown on al-Jazeera…

Or a Polish woman in her 60s who’s married to an Iraqi was also abducted by the Abu Bakr al-Seddiq al-Salafiya Brigades, and demands made that Ploand withdraws it’s troops.

Hell, i’m surprised none of the networks have jumped on the story of the 7 year old Lebanese kid held hostage. Perfect for GMTV. :rolleyes:

But then they are not British. Neither are the 100+ Iraqis taken hostage in the last month.

I don’t get the media. They seem to be ignoring what’s actually hapening and putting a rose tinted view over (scant mention over the execution of 11 Iraqis yesterday), yet if anything but burns they go completely overboard and blow it out of proportion so they can have another dig at the government. The re-deployment of a battalion of the Black Watch being a good example. Saying they are being deployed to the ‘so called Triangle of Death’. Pretty odd, never heard it called that apart from anyone other than news presenter in the last 7 days :rolleyes:

#19824 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Lee Smith+Oct 25 2004, 10:07 PM–>(Lee Smith @ Oct 25 2004, 10:07 PM)
    Osama Bin Laden is probably already caged-up in Pakistan; He will be handed over Friday afternoon and paraded around the T.V. frequencies for Halloween.

Maybe not, Sky are reporting that Arab TV will air a video said to be from Osama Bin Laden. although you are right in saying that he will be on T.V frequencies on friday…

Let’s wait and see what he has to say.

#19825 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Well, I doubht it.

One or two people here seem to be left-wing! Sky News is branded as a right-wing news agency. Not my words.

But it does seem like a terrible left-wing conspiracy that your talking about. Capuring bin laden – won’t happen within the next week anyway.

#19826 Reply

Tanya
    Participant

….speaking of catching him,… he just slapped George Bush with his new appearance on video, saying how Bush has deceived Americans since 9/11 and that U.S. security is in hands of Americans. Of course he also threatens with new U.S. attacks.
    This is a huge blow for Bush just before elections and it will be interesting to see how he will turn it to his own benefit in these next few days.
    _______
    Tanya

#19827 Reply

Alloneword
    Participant

Oh well guys they still have a day or two to catch him

#19828 Reply

kev667
    Participant

Wow. There’s so much psyche warfare going on!

..it now seems like a perfect setup they’ll use the video as an excuse to say he slipped up, we got a clue & captured the evil talibeard. (ie, we didn’t have him on ice waiting for the election, so therefore not poltical, but look how great i am)

Stay tuned to Sky News for the very latest…..

..in reply to Mr Byrne, who is very adamant as well – if they don’t get him.. i’ll streak past martin brunt next time I see him around ..if they get him, u can.

ta
    kev

ps, what’s a ‘terrible’ left wing conspiracy? Reagan paying millions to Khomeini to keep US hostages captive until after the ‘weak leader’ Carter had lost the election?

#19829 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

Only the BBC and middle class anal England (ooh yes it’s out there: VIVA the chattering classes) keep going on about Sky being the “right wing” TV news channel. I can’t see any difference between them; it’s just that Sky are owned by Big Rupie and it ain’t PC in Hampstead, Notting Hill etc etc to “work for Murdoch” – hence, no awards etc etc.

Thank you for mentioning all the hostages of other nationalities. No, I don’t buy that anything’s staged!

I think Osama’s video will help Bush. I think Osama needs Bush as much as Bush needs him to be re-elected. Domestically, the US is a mess. The dollar’s a mess.

Oooh, thanks for calling me (I hope I’m included) as “left wing”. Here was I thinking I was just a boring old liberal (small ‘l’). And Kev, why streak past Martin Brunt? I THINK WE SHOULD BE TOLD. I’ll be there with the videocam…

#19830 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

“middle class anal england” call Sky right-wing? I’m a middle class Irishman. I don’t see sky as right-wing, I see it as fair and balanced but there are a lot of hippies out there that class Sky as right-wing. I’ve been banned from countless news forums for sticking up for Sky News.

And yes, I would be willing to accept that bet about bin laden being captured with Kev.

Kevin, (You share the same first name as myself, want to know what “kevin” means? – Its an Iirsh name) so if Bin laden doesn’t get captured, you’re going to streak past Martin Brunt, – are you serious?

#19831 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

are u from dublin mister byrne and if so wat part?

#19832 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Can you please use the messaging service to ask private questions.

Cheers.

#19833 Reply

DDP
    Participant

I’d say SKY is a lot more fair and balanced than C4 and the BBC. C4 is definately left wing, and the BBC has an axe to grind.

I find it pretty ironic that C4 keeps on churning out crap left wing conspiracy theory documentaries about how evil the United States is and how they control the whole world, and yet the network shows Friends about twelves times per week :rolleyes:

#19834 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

In reply to Newsroom, yes I am from Dublin, I’m from South Dublin. Where are you from?

“I’d say SKY is a lot more fair and balanced than C4 and the BBC. C4 is definately left wing, and the BBC has an axe to grind. “

– C4 is cowboy news, I do not watch Cowboy news services.

– ITN is clearly pro-government, pro war-on-terror its clearly biased when they put up things like “War on Saddam” – thats worse than the American Networks withe their “WOpperation Iraqi Freedom”. After Saddam got captured I watched ITV and I can’t remember the exact details but at the time I thought the report was biased.

– BBC, always regarded as one of the most fair and balanced networks in the world. I’m from Dublin. I know this old guy who used to live in Belfast, he lived there at the worst of the troubles, Catholic and Republican, and he told me that when he wanted to find out what was really going on, he’d tune into BBC News. But that was before Sky News was set-up and also before BBC went down the pot a little, especially with the weapons expert. However I do still regard BBC as being up there. I don’t have access to BBC 24, so Sky News have some what of a monopoly in my neck of the woods.

“I find it pretty ironic that C4 keeps on churning out crap left wing conspiracy theory documentaries about how evil the United States is and how they control the whole world, and yet the network shows Friends about twelves times per week”

– I don’t particularly like Muslims but I buy my rice at the Mosk – its cheaper – now thats irony.

#19835 Reply

kev667
    Participant

Ok, so they didn’t capture him on Sun.. but there’s still time.. approx 2 hours before the polls close is a good time to announce it.

get the feeling i’m clinging on, about to fall on my face

Oh well. Martin, next time I see you around west london (i said martin, as he pops up around heathrow on occasions) …look out for a nutter in a brown mac coming towards you

ta for now – off to nap before the long hours post 11pm. (will they let julie, boulton and keith sleep today???)

ta
    kev

#19836 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

Brown mac man, Kevo…remember to take your own camera mate. This could be a defining moment in Sky News’ history. Or not. What will Martin Brunt say “live” to your or his camera?

I’m, er, not sure how you buy rice at a mosk or even a mosque but what do I know. I like C4 and I miss them too. They complement Sky nicely.
    Maybe Al Z is in Fallujah Kev – will you streak if they don’t get him? That must be what or rather who, they are after? The Bin man’s stuck in rather inaccessible bits of Afghanistan.
    Keep moi posted. thank yooo.

#19837 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Yes eagle – the other one. There is a shop in the “mosque” in Dublin. They sell cheap stuff, I just buy rice because its cheap – hey I mean – my taxes pay for their houses, I have a right to avail of their cheap rice.

And kev, it looks like you’ve lost, we’ll be looking forward to your report on Martin Brunt.

Final note, I look at the keyboard when I’m typing and I type fast and I don’t bother to check back over what I wrote because I’m so confident in my first thoughts. So I apologise in advance if you get offended by my spelling mistakes and typos.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
Reply To: On which day will Bin Laden be captured?
Your information: