Paul Brennan – ID Cards

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Paul Brennan – ID Cards

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  NaRvIcK DeViL 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #16316 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Paul is taking part in the new ID card trial scheme for Sky News. Paul is live outside the passport office in Central London.

Blunkett said that the Queen will also need an ID card if the scheme gets the go ahead.

The cards will include facial recognition, iris images and fingerprints and could be brought in for 80% of the population by 2013.

#16317 Reply

NaRvIcK DeViL
    Participant

I?m starting to think that ID cards are a ruse. What they?re really after are everyone?s DNA and Biometric Details? Now that would make life easy for the institutions that rule us.
    Don?t forget if the tools of Government succeed in implementing this draconian legislation there?s no going back, you won?t me able to put the genie back in the bottle and as British Subjects we will be the only democracy without a written Institution who will have them.

I really do get frustrated when I hear the media and the political elite refer to us as British Citizens, if that was true why does everyone in power pledge allegiance to how wonderful her majesty is ?and not to the nation and/or people like other democracies of the world .

While I?ve been typing this I just remembered how it benefits the ruling elite of not having a written constitution or an open ended constitution as they call it.
    The future king gets to marry his mistress but ?woe be tide? if the people on mass want to move the goalposts then it?s called taking on the Government.

#16318 Reply

jk80
    Participant

NaRvIcK DeViL wrote:I?m starting to think that ID cards are a ruse. What they?re really after are everyone?s DNA and Biometric Details? Now that would make life easy for the institutions that rule us.
    Don?t forget if the tools of Government succeed in implementing this draconian legislation there?s no going back, you won?t me able to put the genie back in the bottle and as British Subjects we will be the only democracy without a written Institution who will have them.

I really do get frustrated when I hear the media and the political elite refer to us as British Citizens, if that was true why does everyone in power pledge allegiance to how wonderful her majesty is ?and not to the nation and/or people like other democracies of the world .

While I?ve been typing this I just remembered how it benefits the ruling elite of not having a written constitution or an open ended constitution as they call it.
    The future king gets to marry his mistress but ?woe be tide? if the people on mass want to move the goalposts then it?s called taking on the Government.

I agree. There are pressure groups to join if you’re against it. I remember being told once by somebody who knows that, as you say, we are not British citizens, we’re subjects.

#16319 Reply

NaRvIcK DeViL
    Participant

:mellow:

After watching the news on tv i had to respond after hearing what some of the public were saying , so here goes ! .

If you agree with the with the Institutions that rule us that I.D cards are a good idea and you don?t mind having all your private details on a National Government Data base because you?ve got and I quote; ?nothing to hide?, as well as having to pay for the privilege(90 quid and rising).

Then all I can say is you?re mentally conditioned to live in a cage and you?ll be forcing the rest of us who still have the ?essence? of knowing what it?s like to be free to be forced by the rule of law to ?Keep You Company?.

So please! Wake up! The road we?re currently on leads to one thing! Especially when every day the people we put in power prove again and again (I don?t know how many times they have to prove this fact before it sinks in) that you – can?t trust them. :blink:

#16320 Reply

NaRvIcK DeViL
    Participant

There is a philosophical argument against ID cards :mellow:

In that it will without doubt reverse the relationship between us, British subjects and the Government.

This is a perfectly sensible argument, but I can see how some people regard it as a bit too abstract .There is a concern about ID cards that it will lead to a great deal of state intrusion into our private lives, and it will also result in our personal details being flogged off to assorted corporations by the Government. This too is a sound argument, although this doesn’t seem to bother a lot of you people out there.

However, there is one thing that really should make every person who is not ‘medically retarded’ opposed to ID cards: the whole system is going to be based on a giant computer system.

This system is going to be even bigger than the one’s that they and their favourite-contractors-who-just-happen-to-have-anonymously-loaned-the-Labour-Party-millions-of-pounds have so spectacularly cocked up previously.

It will be bigger and more complicated than the passport agency, than the criminal records bureau, than the National Offender Management Scheme, than the CSA and not forgetting Air traffic control, etc. etc.
    Every single flagship computer project which this and any other government we?ve elected into power has attempted has always come in hugely over-budget and massively under-functioning.
    Given that this project will be bigger and more complex than all the others, it seems entirely reasonable to believe that it will therefore get screwed up even more badly and even more expensively.
    Has anyone here ever dealt with the Child protection agency? (C.S.A) Have you ever marveled at the way their computer can use exactly the same figure to arrive at any number of completely different assessments of a father’s child support? Have you ever sat in awestruck disbelief and silence when they tell you that it will take three months to re-assess one of their errors because their computer system won’t let them do it and they need to refer it back to the company that designed the computer system?

Now, imagine a system of that quality being used every single day, for nearly every single person in the country. Every time you go shopping, or visit the doctor or claim benefits. Or rather, every time you fail to do any of those things, because your ID card claims that you don’t exist, or that you are someone else, or just decides not to work at all that day.

The philosophical and civil liberties objections to ID cards are perfectly sensible and valid, but the real objection is that, like all big government computer projects, it will cost hundreds of millions more if not Billions than it was claimed, and it will still not work. :blink:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Paul Brennan – ID Cards
Your information: