Richard Frediani appointed BBC Breakfast Editor

Richard Frediani appointed BBC Breakfast Editor

Richard ‘Fredi’ Frediani has been named the new Editor of BBC Breakfast.

“I am thrilled to be appointed Editor of BBC Breakfast. It’s a brilliant opportunity to set the news agenda as well as entertain millions of viewers every morning. Breakfast TV is the best place to showcase a window on the world.” said Fredi.

He is currently responsible for the day to day output of ITV’s 6.30pm national evening news as well as being Acting Head of Programmes for all ITV News output produced by ITN.

With a career spanning three decades, Fredi has worked at local, regional and national level, from reporter to editor, has won Bafta and national RTS awards and has played a key role in developing new talents from all backgrounds.

Fredi continues: “I’ve been fortunate to work with some incredibly talented broadcasters at ITV and I am really looking forward to an exciting new challenge and working with a fantastic team on and off screen at the BBC in Media City and beyond.”

Fredi, who joins the BBC in September, succeeds Adam Bullimore who is moving to take up a new role as Head of BBC Weather in London.

BBC’s Head of News Gavin Allen said: “Fredi is a hugely talented and experienced TV journalist and leader.

“He will ensure audience interests are kept at the heart of the programme, combining editorial boldness and creativity to tackle the issues that matter most to viewers.“

BBC Breakfast attracts a total audience of around six million people each day.

Posted by on Friday 12 July 2019
Posted in
This Morning with Ben Shephard

Ben Shephard has announced he is leaving Good Morning Britain. The announcement comes after ITV confirmed that he and Cat

fiona phillips Image

Former GMTV presenter Fiona Phillips has announced she is battling Alzheimer’s. The 62 year old told the Mirror “This disease

Jon Kay for BBC News

Jon Kay has been announced as the new regular presenter of BBC Breakfast. He replaces Dan Walker, who left for

Copy link