Paula

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Paula

This topic contains 16 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Plexus 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Greeneyes
    Participant
    #34007 Reply

Greeneyes
    Participant

Anyone got an opinion on Paula Middlehurst as a sky news presenter?

She has certainly changed her images over the last number of years since first coming on screen.

Does Sky news bosses object to their female presenters from wearing glasses? As a number like Emma and Paula have wore them in the past but no longer.

#34008 Reply

Moxey
    Participant

Why do some people call her Polly

#34009 Reply

ginnyfan
    Participant

I like Paula, she’s a great presenter and has been on Sky News a lot lately. I wish they would give her a weekday slot, instead of Gillien.

#34010 Reply

OperaGhost
    Participant

That’s her nickname? [Polly]

Speaking of which, was Steve calling Charlotte, Charlie at one point this morning?

#34011 Reply

vicky23
    Participant

James Rubin always gets ‘Jamie’

#34012 Reply

classeyham
    Participant

ginnyfan wrote:I like Paula, she’s a great presenter and has been on Sky News a lot lately. I wish they would give her a weekday slot, instead of Gillian.

Here we Stand

Paula Middlehurst is a great presenter. I would like to give her a weekend slot, too – but not instead of well done, Gillian Joseph.

With three children and a very hard program as presenter since 1997/8, somebody of her bosses must give her a better "job" on Sky. No Doubt. But Ginnyfan. You can not give me five presenters, there are better than Paula M.

Okay – I am saying – only every weekday from 06.00 – 23.00 – Anna Jones, Kay Burley, Anna Botting, Charlotte H., Emma Crosby and "James Rubin", but now I got a lot of Sky-members after me – so it is difficult, I know……Happy Weekend with Sky News. Please – don?t knock me out here…

…..I really hope for a better program for Paula Middlehurst. She is very good and professional…..classeyham……

#34013 Reply

Greeneyes
    Participant

ClassyHam

Does Paula wear glasses for presenting, do you know?

Any pictures of her in spectacles.

#34014 Reply

classeyham
    Participant

Greeneyes wrote:ClassyHam

Does Paula wear glasses for presenting, do you know?

Any pictures of her in spectacles.

Hey Paula

This song was number # 1 in US for three weeks with Paul & Paula (Ray Hildebrand and Jill Jackson) in February 1963 (sources: Billboard – USA number one hits)..

Apropos Paula Middlehurst: No, she is NOT wearing glasses in the studio. It was long time ago – maybe four/five years. I don?t know "about" contact lens, but I don?t think so. I haven?t seen any pictures of PM the last two years…Okay Greeneyes???…. Classeyham…

#34015 Reply

Greeneyes
    Participant

There is an images of paula in sky news wearing glasses, have a look and tell me if that was a few years ago or recently ClasseyHam[/img]

#34016 Reply

classeyham
    Participant

Greeneyes wrote:There is an images of paula in sky news wearing glasses, have a look and tell me if that was a few years ago or recently ClasseyHam[/img]

Never Too Late

Dear Friend. Forget Paula Middelhurst with glasses. Okay, she wear glasses in Sky News images 2.07 – but it is a very long time from today and a very old pictures of her.

It was before Jeremy Thompson was working like the Last Boy Scout (sorry) in Soham August 2002 and long before Mr. Thompson try to do the same on her vacation in Kingston, Jamaica last month (Hard to say I am sorry – Jeremy).

So Greeeyes. Paula Middlehurst is presenter (every) friday evening/night, saturday evening/night and sunday evening/night – without glasses. Try to look at yourself this weekend. I have four days free from yesterday – so see you later….Enjoy Paula M..She is one of the best at SN…… ……….Classeyham & Friends……

#34017 Reply

classeyham
    Participant

Greeneyes wrote:There is an images of paula in sky news wearing glasses, have a look and tell me if that was a few years ago or recently ClasseyHam[/img]

Never Too Late

Dear Friend. Forget Paula Middelhurst with glasses. Okay, she wear glasses in Sky News images 2.07 – but it is a very long time from today and a very old pictures of her.

It was before Jeremy Thompson was working like the Last Boy Scout (sorry) in Soham August 2002 and long before Mr. Thompson try to do the same on her vacation in Kingston, Jamaica last month (Hard to say I am sorry – Jeremy).

So Greeneyes. Paula Middlehurst is presenter (every) friday evening/night, saturday evening/night and sunday evening/night – without glasses. Try to look at yourself this weekend. I have four days free from yesterday – so see you later….Enjoy Paula M..She is one of the best at SN…… ……….Classeyham & Friends……

#34018 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I have expressed the opinion many times that Paula is one of the foremost news presenters on Sky. She is easily the best female presenter and she is among the top three, or so, irrespective of gender.

She works well as part of a duo, especially with Allan King or Martin Popplewell, but she is also extremely capable as a solo presenter. Her great strengths are her charm (she puts the most nervous of interviewees at their ease) and her intellect. She gives the impression of being knowledgable about any subject and she is a formidable interviewer.

In my opinion, she particularly excels in presenting the late-night newspaper reviews, where her charm and her intellect are put to very effective use.

#34019 Reply

Greeneyes
    Participant

I totally agree that Paula is the best presenter on Sky News.

It is a pity that she is not the lead presenter , as she is the most professional of them all.

We want more Paula

#34020 Reply

classeyham
    Participant

Top Five female and men…

Of cource Paula Middelhurst is one of top 5 best female presenters in Sky News: Here is my opinion, And I am known, I am not alone!

Helen Fospero, Gillian Joseph, Lukwesa Burak, Samantha Simmonds and Paula Middelhurst.

Jeremy Thompsen, Eamonn Holmes, Allan King, Steve Dixon and Colin Brazier.

Wallflowers: Julie Etchingham, Emma Crosby, Faye Barker, Mark Longhurst, Adam Boulton & Martin Stanford, Emma Botting……

………… : classeyham………….

#34021 Reply

classeyham
    Participant

Never too late is wrong….

If you had read …Never Too Late yesterday, it was wrong:…….and long before Mr. Thompson try to do the same on her vacation (like in Soham August 2002) on her vacations in Kingston, Jamaica……wrong…………..

…instead correct….

……and long before Mr. Thompson try to do the same on his vacation (like Soham August 2002) on his vacation in Kingston, Jamaica…….. correct……

Friendly classeyham……of course his on a man and her on a woman…..

#34022 Reply

Plexus
    Participant

classeyham wrote:Top Five female and men…

Of cource Paula Middelhurst is one of top 5 best female presenters in Sky News: Here is my opinion, And I am known, I am not alone!

Helen Fospero, Gillian Joseph, Lukwesa Burak, Samantha Simmonds and Paula Middelhurst.

Jeremy Thompsen, Eamonn Holmes, Allan King, Steve Dixon and Colin Brazier.

Wallflowers: Julie Etchingham, Emma Crosby, Faye Barker, Mark Longhurst, Adam Boulton & Martin Stanford, Emma Botting……

………… : classeyham………….

Hi Classeyham,

It’s me again!!

I agree about Helen, Gillian (although she does look a bit scary sometimes, rather like Julia Foster used to), Lukwesa (of course!!) and Samantha.

Men: JT, Allan, Steve & Colin plus Mark L (very witty in the morning when he stands in for Lardarse) , Martin S (laid back approach but very watchable) and Chris Roberts (sufficient gravitas {look it up!}

when required).

Wallflowers: Yeah mostly agree but I’d add Popplewell (too immature,

looks like a schoolboy and compensates in interviews by being over aggressive)…. and as for Lardarse Holmes, well I think you know my feelings about him!! Trouble is he’s a bit too large to be classed as a wallflower!! Waste of space, yes.

Have a nice day.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
Reply To: Paula
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register