Presenter Exchange poll

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Presenter Exchange poll

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Steven 12 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

HBox
    Participant
    #20430 Reply

HBox
    Participant

With the recent posting that Sky News’ Julie Etchingham will present some evening bulletins on Five News, does anyone think there should be an amalgimation of Sky and Five News presneters?

I’m not a hundred percent sure that there should be complete merging, I think some of Sky News’ presenters are better suited to presenting on Five News. However, when Sky News do take over production of Five News in January, I wonder how different they will be, and whether exchanging presenters and reporters/correspondents with Five News is an attempt by Sky to stamp their mark on it. Or whether because Sky News presenters are generally good, they are trying to bring credability to Five News. :huh:

#20431 Reply

Steven
    Participant

I think the move with Etchers is as much about what is good for Sky and Five as what is good for her (inevitably that being good for Sky in the long run). Etchers is top notch and may soon go the way of Kaplinsky, Garroway and Penny Smith before them. So Sky have probably done this to keep Etchers happy, an opportunity to reach a larger audience. A happy Julie Etchingham is less likely to be tempted by offers from other organisations.
    I really don’t think that you’ll find other Sky News regualr presenters on Five. They clearly want there to be a difference between the presentation and appearance of the two services.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Presenter Exchange poll
Your information: