Presenter Name Straps

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Presenter Name Straps

This topic contains 28 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  guvnorgaz 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #31844 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

I noticed a name strap for Anna Jones this morning, not sure if this is a one off, or something that’ll continue.. it was used at 11:15am, after Colin in Jerusalem handed back to London.

#31845 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

Yes, I noticed this at 04:00 this morning, Lukwesa Burak was presenting World News and her name strap appeared in blue and white.

#31846 Reply

OperaGhost
    Participant

It was also used in Sunrise for Steve Dixon, Lorna Dunkley but appeared rather randomly half-way during the bulletin then disappeared after a few seconds.

A strap like the one’s used by CNN would perhaps be more easier on the eye.

#31847 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

I wonder if John Ryley is now the head of Sky News. We’ve seen many changes to the on-air look recently, Presenter name straps, Locations in uppercase and on a two way-split screen the studio shot is now on the left.

#31848 Reply

HOWIE
    Participant

What do you mean my Presenter name straps

#31849 Reply

scottish
    Participant

HOWIE wrote:What do you mean my Presenter name straps

Simply put, they are straps across the screen with the name of the presenter on them.

#31850 Reply

HOWIE
    Participant

Like Helen & Jeremy

#31851 Reply

HBox
    Participant

HOWIE wrote:Like Helen & Jeremy

Like:
    Helen Fospero or Jeremy Thompson

Basically, their names, as simply put.

#31852 Reply

HOWIE
    Participant

Its getting like BBC 24

#31853 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

HOWIE wrote:Its getting like BBC 24

Maybe Sky has finally realised that it is no longer – was it ever? – the leader in rolling news coverage so it is copying the altogether more professional BBC.

#31854 Reply

Musey
    Participant

Maybe Sky has finally realised that it is no longer – was it ever? – the leader in rolling news coverage so it is copying the altogether more professional BBC.

Oh right… :glare: :blink: :wacko: :tongue:

#31855 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Musey wrote:

Oh right… :glare: :blink: :wacko: :tongue:

Yeah right. Check this independent link.
    More viewers and now taken Sky’s award, not that these things mean much.

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/article/2302…_the_first_time

#31856 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

presenter name straps are hardly exclusive to the BBC. The old ITVNC used them – does that mean that Sky are (post-humously) copying them as well?

apparently Sky have used them before anyway.

I still can;t get used to the location straps in capitals though. Hardly groundbreaking but its still a totally unnecessary change.

#31857 Reply

Musey
    Participant

that’s old. and for what it’s worth i don’t think news 24 should have won it anyway. sky were in a rocky patch, and werent at their best, but i still dont think news 24 were particularly better. to me it seemed like they needed an excuse to give the award to news 24 being as they had always awarded it to sky.

anyway, it was just the way you totally disregarded Skt’s achievements in recent years and dismissed them that irked me.

#31858 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Musey wrote:

that’s old. and for what it’s worth i don’t think news 24 should have won it anyway. sky were in a rocky patch, and werent at their best, but i still dont think news 24 were particularly better. to me it seemed like they needed an excuse to give the award to news 24 being as they had always awarded it to sky.

anyway, it was just the way you totally disregarded Skt’s achievements in recent years and dismissed them that irked me.

Old? February 2006. Reckon that’s the latest awards as Sky are keen to trumpet Jeremy Thompson’s.
    I agree with you about awards in general, but viewing figures don’t lie.
    And don’t bother with that old chestnut about Sky not reaching as many homes, it doesn’t wash any more.
    Anyway, how can you take any ‘news’ channel seriously that employs Eamonn Holmes?

#31859 Reply

Musey
    Participant

it’s relatively old. a lot has changed since february 2006 and Sky News is very much different now.

Plus viewing figures may well be different now, but surely you don’t take viewing figures as the be all and end all of a channel’s quality? i mean, big brother gets miles more viewers than sky or news24, but does that make it a better programme? besides anyway, nick pollard i think summed it up a while back when he said something like in the grand scheme of things, they’ve both got tiny viewing numbers and are fighting over scraps anyway.

and eamonn holmes – just because he’s also does light entertainment that makes sky a joke?

i could say news24’s decision to keep peter sissons on looking all flustered and bumbling any time he isn’t reading direct from the autocue completely “unserious” and a bad reflection on the channel…

#31860 Reply

HOWIE
    Participant

I think it looks better with these name straps

#31861 Reply

Stevo
    Participant

I think it looks better with these name straps

I agree. I think it looks much better.

#31862 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

Yep, it is one thing they have got right recently.

#31863 Reply

sky.dub
    Participant

jonn0boy wrote:Yep, it is one thing they have got right recently.

I’m not so sure…Sky News treats some of its viewers as if they had a memory of 30 seconds with their constant reminders and this is another example.

#31864 Reply

HOWIE
    Participant

http://www.skynewsgreenroom.co.uk/common/u…off_meade_L.jpg

this is how the straps should be

#31865 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

I disagree I really like them as they are.

#31866 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

New straps, well, old ones i guess, just a new name “Sky Facts”

[attachmentid=335]

[attachmentid=336]

#31867 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Weather Presenter namestrap:

[attachmentid=352]

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
Reply To: Presenter Name Straps
Your information: