Presenter style

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Presenter style

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MelbourneTV 12 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

news_wench
    Participant
    #18045 Reply

news_wench
    Participant

I noticed Jenny Percival seems to wear less make-up now she is political correspondent than when she was royal correspondent. Do you think this is a conscious decision on the part of her or her producers that she should look less glam when talking about serious political things? Do you think the presenters are told what they should wear?

#18046 Reply

fishcakes
    Participant

Karen Kay is the Sky News fashion correspondant, maybe she advises them on their best colour schemes?

#18047 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

I noticed Jenny Percival seems to wear less make-up now she is political correspondent than when she was royal correspondent. Do you think this is a conscious decision on the part of her or her producers that she should look less glam when talking about serious political things? Do you think the presenters are told what they should wear?

I think its probably more to do with Royal Protocol. It sort of requires more pomp & ceremoney and dressing up, where as politics is more mainstream and relaxed (compared to the monarchy).

#18048 Reply

news_wench
    Participant

I think its probably more to do with Royal Protocol. It sort of requires more pomp & ceremoney and dressing up, where as politics is more mainstream and relaxed (compared to the monarchy).

But if I were Jenny Percival, I would still want to wear make-up as political correspondent, she looks a bit washed out otherwise.

#18049 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

But if I were Jenny Percival, I would still want to wear make-up as political correspondent, she looks a bit washed out otherwise.

Ive never seen her report.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Presenter style
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register