Rachel Amatt Returning?

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Rachel Amatt Returning?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  SkyFanIreland 12 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

SkyFanIreland
    Participant
    #23502 Reply

SkyFanIreland
    Participant

TV Forum website is suggesting (quoting the Observer) that Rachel Amatt is returning to Sky News and will be appointed Europe Correspondent.

If its true i’m delighted.

She should never have been let go, particularly after her Beslan Siege reporting. I’m sniffing an award for that and now i suspect she’ll be in the right place to collect it.

#23503 Reply

HBox
    Participant

Interesting.

I think she would have/has been under-used at Channel 4 News.
    Sky News is often the birthplace of a lot of talent but they should learn to retain some of this talent, i.e. Natasha Kaplinski (who I think has become worse since joining the BBC), Simon McCoy (again, under used at the BBC) and there numerous others that have moved on.

#23504 Reply

hamishnewhouse
    Participant

thats awesome news, if its true.

#23505 Reply

JamesH
    Participant

I posted the story on TV Forum mentioned above.

Here’s the original piece from the Observer media diary:

Channel 4’s glamorous north of England correspondent Rachel Amatt, recruited from Sky News last year, has been lured back to Isleworth by the big guns at BSkyB. Amatt, below, covered some big stories for the satellite broadcaster, including the Beslan siege, and was told by head of news Nick Pollard that the door would be left ajar should she ever wish to return. That door turned out to be a revolving one – Amatt is back just three months later, leaving Channel 4 with a vacancy to fill. She will be covering Europe for Sky and, according to one friend, her return has been on the cards for some time. ‘They’ve been very good to her. She just loves Sky.’ Well, someone has to.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/business/st…1411671,00.html

#23506 Reply

Skyinternational
    Participant

YES!!!!, that would be GREAT!!! I also remember the way she covered the Damilola Taylor murder inquiry.

#23507 Reply

dodrade
    Participant

Does this mean she took the channel 4 job as a ploy to gain promotion at sky?

#23508 Reply

Newsrat
    Participant

HBox+Feb 13 2005, 12:11 PM–>(HBox @ Feb 13 2005, 12:11 PM)
    Interesting.

I think she would have/has been under-used at Channel 4 News.
    Sky News is often the birthplace of a lot of talent but they should learn to retain some of this talent, i.e. Natasha Kaplinski (who I think has become worse since joining the BBC), Simon McCoy (again, under used at the BBC) and there numerous others that have moved on.

Could this signal the return on all the defectors B) .
    Simon McCoy and Natasha Kaplinsky Returns to Sky News B)

#23509 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

Dodrade – yes probably, why not?! It worked!

Siiiigh. The usual snide, silly mediaaah remarks ‘she just loves Sky…well, someone has to’. Fine, fine, but say that about the BBC too (go on Observer, mediagraun etc I dare ya!) Yawn.

#23510 Reply

SkyFanIreland
    Participant

Yes it’s confirmed she is returning – check outSky Green Room and she is listed under foreign correspondents – saw her on channel 4 though in recent days so it could be another bit before she takes up the post

Surprising the Sky Press Office didn’t do a release on her

DB

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Rachel Amatt Returning?
Your information: