Gary Neville leaves Sky Sports; takes head coaching position at Valencia

Sky Sports pundit Gary Neville as been announced has the new head coach at Valencia until the end of the season.

The 40-year-old, who will officially take charge of the first team on Sunday 6 December ahead of the UEFA Champions League match against Lyon at Mestalla on Wednesday 9 December.

This means he’ll be leaving Sky Sports as a football pundit, a position he has held since Andy Gray’s departure in 2011.

“We Wish Gary all the very best as he returns to football with out blessing and begins his managerial career with Valencia,” said Barney Francis, MD at Sky Sports.

“He will always be a friend of Sky Sports and we look forward to following the next chapter of his career closely, not least during our weekly La Liga coverage. And of course, the door will always be open should he wish to return.”

Gary, who works alongside Ed Chamberlin and former Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher on the Monday Night Football, said: “Sky has probably been one of the best decisions I have ever made, simply an incredible job that I have loved doing.

“The team that I have worked on with on match days and MNF have been simply unbelievable, their knowledge of the game, their passion, their work ethos has made me love football more.

“No one understands football better than Sky Sports, so it has been no surprise that they have fully supported and understood the decision that i have made to go to Valencia fir the next five months.”

Posted by on Wednesday 2 December 2015
NFL Logo

Peacock will be the exclusive home of the NFL’s first-ever regular-season game in Brazil. It will take place in week

England Channe

Channel 4 will broadcast live International football this evening. England host Belgium in a friendly at Wembley Stadium, as Gareth

Copy link