Reporter To Presenter

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Reporter To Presenter

This topic contains 24 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  AnjaliWOW 13 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

richard
    Participant
    #18771 Reply

richard
    Participant

I was wondering which reporter would you like to see become a presenter?
    in recent months, Greg Milam and Juliette Errington have made the switch.

I would like to see Rachel Amatt become a presenter

#18772 Reply

Sky Lad
    Participant

I personally don’t think Juliette is good at presenting, she seems to take long breaks while reading the headlines. Maybe it’s just me but I think she was better a as a reporter.

I would like to see Georgie Arnold become a presenter, then she could work with Chris Roberts

#18773 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Seriously, I’d love to see Georgie Arnold present, but NOT with Chris. That would become too silly, methinks

#18774 Reply

Sky Lad
    Participant

but NOT with Chris. That would become too silly, methinks

It was a joke but probably would happen though.

I think Georgie would be a good presenter, I don’t see why they chose Juliette over some of the others :unsure:

#18775 Reply

Easty
    Participant

Emma Hurd.

#18776 Reply

st1407
    Participant

I think Tim Marshall would be good. He was a presenter in former times.

Perhaps also Ian Woods.

#18777 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

Doubt that Tim or Ian would want to get stuck behind the desk for 4 hours a day after getting to report from all those exciting locations. Maybe Tim might get his own high profile foreign affairs programme with the relaunch.

#18778 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

What? What relaunch? More graphics or a news rethink?

Hello Shrek. I’m back in your swamp. Wouldn’t you rather be a reporter tho?
    More fun. Get to travel. Meet interesting people. Get shot at. Stand around for hours waiting for another ‘live’…etc etc.
    Emma Hurd would go bonkers presenting I think btw.

#18779 Reply

AJ
    Participant

eagleeye+Aug 29 2004, 09:53 PM–>(eagleeye @ Aug 29 2004, 09:53 PM)
    What? What relaunch? More graphics or a news rethink?

New studios & a new evening schedule (i.e. Programmes)

Not sure about graphics though

#18780 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

Yeah?!? The graphics need a revamp, there looking pretty dated now. I would prefer something more elegant than the current big, plain blocks which always remind me of Lego for some reason.

#18781 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

after todays performance….rachel would be a lovely presenter…..swap her and emma around, imagine how toungue tied emma would get whilst doing a live peice to cam with a bomb going off 10 meters from her….THAT….would be priceless!!

#18782 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Moron. Why in the world would you do that? I think Emma chose not to do that because she wouldn’t be comfortable doing it. There’s no reason for suggesting something as moronic as that. Perhaps Rachel prefers doing these crazy things instead of sitting in a studio all day. Perhaps she’s like Emma Hurd, who, as someone in here suggested, might go bonkers sitting around all day, reading the news.

#18783 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Can people PLEASE stop trying to have a go at Emma Crosby…….she is a BRILLIANT presenter! Everyone makes mistakes you know–perhaps the “big stars” at Sky like Kay Burley should be focused on when they attack people on interviews and when they be extremely unprofessional during a bulletin–there have been countless occasions when I have seen Kay being EXTREMELY unprofessional in particular.

As Kristian said,Emma Crosby chose the presenting role because that is what she is good at.

For example,I think Juliet Errington is one of the best reporters/correspondents at Sky…..but she is a horrid presenter!

#18784 Reply

AnjaliWOW
    Participant

Emma Crosby is a BABE!!!

#18785 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

Lets not go overboard and use “brilliant”, I wouldn’t go THAT! far. It?s reminding me of all the whole Bacall/Kidman spat. I’d classify a “brilliant” News Presenter as someone who’s well established, a veteran of Journalism, who?s interviewed many high-profile news-makers, and who?s got a proven track record in delivering high quality, insightful interviews and reports. They are always completely dependable and credible at all times, and you never worry that they may lack some of the information. You can?t possibly say that about Emma, not because she?s rubbish, but because she?s hasn?t had the experience. It?s wrong to use the term ?brilliant?, say she?s capable, but not brilliant.

In my opinion the person who displays brilliance at Sky is Adam Bolton. He?s completely capable of doing presenting (Sunday / Election specials), and has the political experience that makes him always rise to the occasion. I’ve never seen him intimidated, or fluffing through a live two-way.

I think the real “brilliant” presenters are the ones who can instantly swap roles with their colleagues, and answer the complex questions (which they as Presenters are often asking).

Newsroom give us some examples when Kay’s been
    “extremely unprofessional” *

And can you clarify what you mean’t about

“when they attack people on interviews” ? Thanks

* My main recollection of Kay, I wouldn?t go as far to say being ?unprofessional?, but making a ridiculous comment nether the less, was on the day of the Hutton report,when interviewing Alistair Darling and saying

?people aren?t interested in the Hutton Report?.

#18786 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Ok then

Being extremely unprofessional:
    Last week(not sure the day) she was interviewing a commentator regarding something to do with the gas works and basically every answer he gave she disagreed with and she intimidated him —she was basically being very rude and obnoxious.
    Also,she presents her slot far too casually–I can’t explain how but she does…….she also is unprofessional when she fixes Mark’s papers for him,talks over him and when she is rude to other guests.

Regarding Emma—brilliant was too strong of a word but she is very good-sorry!

Adam Boulton-can’t say I like him but he is a very good political correspondent.

#18787 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

He’s Political Editor, and why don’t you like him? Infact I don’t care, you’ll probably say something like… he’s boring, or he waffles on about stuff I have no idea about.

Why is Emma “very good”? Because she’s a young, attractive women? Big deal, what else sets her apart from all the other young female clone presenters?

#18788 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

Kristian: “Rachel prefers doing these crazy things ”

I don’t think Rachel prefers entering scenes of carnage more than Emma does, but she was there, and she knew it was part of the job for that day. If your sent some where as a Reporter then your expected to go places you’d rather not.

#18789 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

You know what I meant. At least everyone else did. It’s very silly of you to nitpick like that.

And your last sentence should be something like this:

If you’re sent somewhere as a Reporter then you’re expected to go places you’d rather not.

Learn some grammar dude. And learn how to use the quote-function as well.

<_<

#18790 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

Sorry I don’t “know” what you meant. Please clarify what you meant by

“crazy things”

If i’m wrong about my points, then completely destroy my arguments without resorting to my spelling and punctuation.

Thank you

#18791 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

By the way I’m glad you brought me up on my punctuation, so easy to forget stuff like that when you are bashing away in a net forum. I take being a “nit pick” as a complement, especially as I am training as a Broadcast Journalist.

#18792 Reply

Hullo
    Participant

My 2 cents’ worth :

Emma is awful and amateur because she smiles inanely all the time, can’t read, can’t improvise, is never too sure when it’s morning, afternoon or evening, has been taught to sit on a slight angle to the desk so does so always, whatever the circumstances, and never gives you the impression that she actually understands what she is talking about, which ought to be the first requirement.

Kay is awful and unprofessional because she often interviews too aggressively, usually doesn’t bear in mind that the interviewee is listening though an earpiece (if I had a pound for every time I’ve heard “would you mind repeating that, Kay?”…), seems intent on point-scoring against her male colleague, seems obsessed about children in general and little boys in particular, and generally seems to fancy herself far too much. Only one exception sticks in my mind: the afternoon of 9/11.

Rachel is brilliant. Not only in the Beslan siege (where she was outstanding), but also doing things tlike standing outside the Old Bailey or the High Court and improvising the clearest and most cogent reports, sometimes while still out of breath. It’s silly to think she should become a presenter (I agree with the remark about Juliet Errington, really good reporting but awful in the studio), but I hope Rachel is promoted in some way!

#18793 Reply

Abby
    Participant

For once I find myself agreeing with most of the sentiments listed in this forum;

Juliet Errington, good reporter, dreadful presenter (her early morning news reading a few weeks ago still gives me nightmares).

Emma Crosby, beautiful and bright, but I dread the way that she speaks through her nose. Always reminds me of someone with sinus problems (I work in healthcare!)

Adam Boulton, the brains of Sky News. Love him (he’s very sexy too!).

Kay Burley, very intelligent but gives me the distinct impression that she is very conceited. Can be a bit condescending when interviewing people.

Jeremy Thompson, Mr Sky News. The consumate professional.

Rachel Amatt did a great job in Baslan.

#18794 Reply

AnjaliWOW
    Participant

Emma Crosby is a BABE!!!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
Reply To: Reporter To Presenter
Your information: