Rob Hawthorne

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Rob Hawthorne

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  bouncebackability 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #34591 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Does anyone know if Rob does any other presenting/reporting on Sky Sports?

I know he used to present ‘You’re on Sky Sports’, but I’ve not seen him since.

#34592 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

Rob Hawthorne never presented YOSS did he? He’s only ever commentated for Sky as far as i know

#34593 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

SSLuke wrote:Rob Hawthorne never presented YOSS did he? He’s only ever commentated for Sky as far as i know

I think he was the first presenter on You’re on Sky Sports.

#34594 Reply

dan_mase
    Participant

Rob McCaffrey was the first host of You’re on Sky Sports.

Rob Hawthorne does nothing other than commentate as far as I know.

#34595 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

I was badly sourced – Wikipedia.

You’re On Sky Sports! is a topical football phone-in discussion television programme on Sky Sports 1. Originally hosted by Rob Hawthorne then Rob McCaffrey, the show is now chaired by Gary Newbon. There will always be one or two panel members, whether former football professionals or others involved with the game in some form. Regulars often include Steve Claridge, Kenny Sansom, Peter Beagrie and Tony Gale. The program is usually aired at 10pm either the night of a UEFA Champions League match or an F.A. Premier League match that is aired on Sky Sports.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You%27re_On_Sky_Sports

#34596 Reply

bouncebackability
    Participant

Yeah I’ve read that Wikipedia entry before and wondered. He has been with Sky since 1995/96 I think, originally doing Monday Night Football. So he could have also presented You’re On! but I only got Sky Sports in ’99 so couldn’t confirm or deny. As others have said, I have never seen him present anything (else) and doesn’t crop up on SSNews so I think it is purely commentating duties for Rob.

#34597 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

bouncebackability wrote:Yeah I’ve read that Wikipedia entry before and wondered. He has been with Sky since 1995/96 I think, originally doing Monday Night Football. So he could have also presented You’re On! but I only got Sky Sports in ’99 so couldn’t confirm or deny. As others have said, I have never seen him present anything (else) and doesn’t crop up on SSNews so I think it is purely commentating duties for Rob.

Shame.

Whilst we’re talking about commentators on TV, Is there a reason why Martin Tyler and others are no longer visually on Sky Sports?

Martin does updates and interviews with SSN, and use to be on Sky Sports football, but recently isn’t. During the FA Cup final last month they had a two-way with Richard and Andy, with no sign of Martin.

If you look at some images i have of Martin Tyler and Ian Darke you can see many times where the commentators featured on the main programme.

#34598 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

yeah Sky stopped doing that a couple of seasons ago for reasons unknown – they dropped around the time they axed the Monday Night Football programme.

Sky presentation has gone down hill recently. You used to get to the impression that you were watching the optimum in sports coverage when you watched them – they took such pride and were different from everyone. They’ve got lazy recently and others have caught up with them. Jamie Redknapp has ruined things for me as well. Let’s hope they’ll buck their ideas up now Setanta are on the scene.

#34599 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Maybe the bosses are listening to us, because we had a nice treat earlier today when we saw Alan Smith and Rob Hawthorne in the commentating box just before the start of the Chelsea Vs Birimingham game.

A one off or a sign of things to come ??

#34600 Reply

bouncebackability
    Participant

Johnnie wrote:Maybe the bosses are listening to us, because we had a nice treat earlier today when we saw Alan Smith and Rob Hawthorne in the commentating box just before the start of the Chelsea Vs Birimingham game.

A one off or a sign of things to come ??

They showed Andy & Alan Parry Saturday, as well as Andy & Martin today so I imagine it is a permanent thing for Premiership coverage. Which is great I think.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Rob Hawthorne
Your information: