Rob McCaffrey says Dubai-bye to Sky Sports

Discussion Forums Forums TV Newsroom Rob McCaffrey says Dubai-bye to Sky Sports

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Johnnie 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

bouncebackability
    Participant
    #34841 Reply

bouncebackability
    Participant

Rob McCaffrey is leaving Sky Sports with immediate effect to host English football coverage in Dubai. http://www.7days.ae/showstory.php?id=51999

That leaves several key roles to fill; Goals On Sunday, Soccer Special, & England U-21. Perhaps Jeff Stelling will be back on SS as Monday Night Premiership matches are no more for Sky? I hope so. Another big blow to Sky though after Lovejoy quit earlier this week.

#34842 Reply

dan_mase
    Participant

its a shame Rob has really grown into one of Sky’s best presenters. I guess it will see David jones’ profile continue to rise and operhaps more domestic action for the very under-utilise Mark Bolton? I would expect Jeff will still do some of the live matches wont he?

#34843 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

These departures (and i bet there will be more) are a suprise for the viewers, but i don’t think that they’ll be a suprise for the compnay.

These departures are why more and more Sky Sports News presenters are moving up the pecking order when it comes to presenting other sports on Sky Sports.

#34844 Reply

dan_mase
    Participant

Clare Tomlinson will present Goals on Sunday

#34845 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Good popular choice i think!

#34846 Reply

Jason1970
    Participant

Clare deserves more chance on Sky Sports than just doing Football First and being on Champions League and occasionally on SSN. It was good to see her doing the Under 21s and hopefully she will be seen more on Sky Sports.

I love her especially with her flirty style

#34847 Reply

steve 1979
    Participant

clare will do a better job than rob and should get the gig on her own

#34848 Reply

dan_mase
    Participant

The choice of Ed Chamberlain – and his seeming ever increasing profile – though as Clares replacement on Football First is a poor one. Why not use Ian Payne or even Mark Boulton?

#34849 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Ian Payne has replaced Rob McCaffrey on Soccer Special on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, not to mention still doing his Sky Sports News slots.

If he was to do Football First too it would be an Ian Payne overload!!

#34850 Reply

bouncebackability
    Participant

The Football First job is not too taxing and in theory anyone of Sky’s football presenters could do the job. It only really involves reading the match choice information a few times between 8.25pm and 11.15pm, and then briefly reviewing the day’s best bits with a guest for around 25 minutes.

Therefore I imagine Mark Bolton would rather stick to Spanish football. Also, there are suggestions on another forum that Ed Chamberlin is only temporarily filling in at the moment and someone else will get the FF job later on. I’m not sure if that is still the intention though?

#34851 Reply

Jason1970
    Participant

I am sure Clare could still do Football First aswell as her new job on Goals on Sunday.

If u think about it, all it needs is someone from the Premier League Games to be local to Sky at the time and could be in the studio around 6pm. Maybe use someone from Soccer Saturday as the studio guest. And she could easily finish doing the Football First by 9pm and be in bed early to be up for Goals On Sunday.

Clare is by far a better football presenter than Ed Chamberlain and more sexy. It was very nice to wake upto Clare on Sunday mornings around 8-9am

#34852 Reply

steve 1979
    Participant

HAVE TO SAY I really enjoy redknapp snr and merson on sun.

#34853 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I’m glad he’s gone. I thought he was a prat. Jim White next hopefully.

#34854 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Ian Payne doing Soccer Special’s now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: Rob McCaffrey says Dubai-bye to Sky Sports
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register