Ronald Reagan has Died

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Ronald Reagan has Died

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  NEWSBOY2 13 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #17644 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

9.50pm Breaking News strap, Joey Jones breaks the news from Normandy. Alastair Bruce is also reporting the news from Sky News Centre.

9.56pm Cuts to Allan who re-caps the Breaking news and links to a package from Andrew Wilson which is about 5-6 minutes long.

10.05pm Lisa Aziz and Allan King til midnight. Ian Woods live from Washington and taking the live feed from FOX

0.00am Sue Radford from Sky News Centre – Ian Woods live from Washington

#17645 Reply

Steven
    Participant

I caught this at just before 10. I saw some of Andrew Wilson’s report. (Presumably prepared in advance). Sky were slow in the first hour. Using Fox coverage at about 10.15. News 24 were pretty good talking to experts quite early on. Ian Woods did a live at about 10.30 for approx 10-15 minutes. He was good, knowledgable. Obviously had been doing the research recently. ITV were rubbish. 3 breaks before 11! None on Sky.

Although, Robert Moore’s package on ITV was superior to Andrew Wilsons last night, and Ian Woods this morning. It seemed to follow a better time-line structure. Far more informative. It was poignant, emotive. Had less talk of negative sides of Reagan than Wilson or Woods.

As the title of this topic suggests it’s about SKy News’ coverage I’ll start a new topic over in the news thread to discuss Reagan himself.

#17646 Reply

Easty
    Participant

Yeah I would agree- I onlt saw until 10:15, but BBC had the experts. Sky should Wilsons report and then King and Azis just sad there saying the same fatcs that were in the report. Not good

#17647 Reply

kaylover
    Participant

got a bit boring after a bit i found myself shouting at the tv “OK WE GET THE MESASAGE HES DEAD!!!!!!!!” feel sorry for the americans though fox are still going on about it nonstop! surely D-DAY is bigger news after all thousands of americans dided then and he is just one man:(

#17648 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

The only think I can recall about Regan was a clip from ?Spitting Image? of him and Maggie. She was dressed up as a witch for Halloween, and was asking why he wasn’t dressed up and he says, “I’m a 75 year old-man with my finger on the button, what could be scarier than that?? At least he was interesting though, unlike boring, yawning John Kerry.

On a more serious note, I?m shocked to hear about the BBC Camera being killed in Saudi Arabia, and Frank Gardener being ?seriously injured?. Cameramen are the un-sung heroes of television news.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Ronald Reagan has Died
Your information: