Sports presenter Jennie Gow suffers serious stroke

Jennie Gow ITV Formula E

Sports presenter Jennie Gow has suffered a serious stroke.

In a social media post this morning, Jennie said: “Hi Everyone, been quiet the last few weeks, this is because I suffered a serious stroke two weeks ago.

“My Husband is helping me type this, as I’m finding it hard to write and my speech is most affected.

“I’m desperate to make a full recovery and return to work, but it might take some time.

“Thank you to the medical teams at Frimley and St George’s and my family and friends who’ve got me through the last fortnight x”

Jennie is mainly a motorsports correspondent and presented the BBC’s coverage of MotoGP for the 2010 season. She also serves as the BBC’s F1 pitlane reporter working on the BBC News Channel and Radio 5 Live.

The 45 year old joined ITV4 in 2014 as presenter of the channel’s coverage of the FIA Formula E Championship. Gow also appeared throughout series three of Netflix series Drive to Survive.

The TV Newsroom wishes Jennie a speedy full recovery.

Posted by on Friday 13 January 2023
Posted in
The FA Cup

The FA, BBC and ITV have confirmed the TV schedule for the semi-finals of FA Cup 2023/24. Manchester City host

Sky Sports F1 Logo

The 2024 Australian Grand Prix will take place this weekend. It will be held at the Albert Park Circuit in

Missing Thumbnail

Sky Sports has given viewers a tour of their new F1 studio. They will be using the Monday Night Football

Copy link