Sharon suffers a Second Stroke

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Sharon suffers a Second Stroke

This topic contains 19 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Johnnie 11 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #28704 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Both BBC News 24 and Sky News are reporting that the Israeli PM is in Hospital tonight aftering suffering Cerebral Haemorrhage

Sharon is in Surgery now.

Sky’s Emma hurd is live in Jerusalem.

#28705 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Jeremy Thompson’s Live at Five will be live from Jerusalem tonight.

#28706 Reply

sky.dub
    Participant

Jeremy’s presentation in Jerasalem has been overshadowed by Charles Kennedy’s speech. Will the Sky Report be canceled?

#28707 Reply

Dubai
    Participant

we can only hope not.

#28708 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

The Sky Report is still on..

JT also on the Sky Report.

#28709 Reply

Dubai
    Participant

wow that was quick, how did you get it up so fast?
    well done

#28710 Reply

sky.dub
    Participant

Excellent coverage from Sky…

#28711 Reply

philg
    Participant

Must see TV this hour on WNT, Jeremy Thompson, Emma Hurd, Andrew Wilson, Tim Marshall and Keith Graves all live talking about the Sharon situation. Fascinating, they are the best reporters that Sky have.

#28712 Reply

bbc World Fan
    Participant

I think that the coverage of Aerial Sharon on the BBC last night was good. James Reynolds was talking to Justin, and he was also interviewing someone. I think that BBC world is awesome the way that they cover live news stories. Alastie also did an excellent job of talking to an advisor I can’t remember excatly who is was talking to. News 24 is also good. I live in Canada so I can’t see news 24 only in the evenings is comes on.
    I’m glad to hear that Aerial Sharon is doing better. It’s too bad that he can’t do politics anymore. But he’s not out of the woods just yet. Last time I heard he was on a ventilator, and being sadated. I hope that he pulls through. I’ll be watching the news soon.
    Also this is the first story that aired on the National with Peter Mansbridge. They do a good job like the BBC. I wouldn’t stop watching either news for anything. Too good.

#28713 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Lisa Holland and Greg Milam are also in the Middle-East for Sky News.

ITV News has Julian Manyon in Jerusalem.

#28714 Reply

philg
    Participant

What has happened to Greg Milam? He was out on thursday doing lives late in the evening, but I havent seen him since. He must have travelled out with JT and Lisa Hollands, has he gone back after one night? Emma Hurd is doing a live every hour, day and night is seems.

Stuart Ramsey was in Gaza yesterday for Five/ Sky.

#28715 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Phil, I read you comments earlier this evening and didn’t have an answer, but I’ve just remembered seeing Greg on ‘Saturday Live’ he was live via Videophone from the West Bank.

So Greg is still around.

#28716 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Picture of JT in Jerusalem on the Live at five weblog: http://jeremythompson.typepad.com/my_weblo…n_the_view.html

#28717 Reply

philg
    Participant

Thanks Johnnie, he was on package today from Ramallah, which I think is in the West Bank. Emma Hurd STILL doing lives from the hospital all day it would seem. They might need to admit her for fatigue.

#28718 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

JT’s back from the Middle-East and is taking a break. Martin Stanford will present tonight’s Live at Five.

#28719 Reply

caseymorris
    Participant

Don’t you get the impresion that the media organisations are a bit disappointed that Sharon is showing signs of recovery?

Is anyone else slightly disturbed by this recent phenomenon of waiting for people to die?

I recall my discomfort at watching the TV waiting for the Pope to die. It seemed to progress a little when Bestie was entering “the final hours of his life”.

Does anyone else recall other people for whom we have waited to die? (Thatcher doesn’t count )

#28720 Reply

sky.dub
    Participant

caseymorris+Jan 9 2006, 09:03 PM–>(caseymorris @ Jan 9 2006, 09:03 PM)
    Don’t you get the impresion that the media organisations are a bit disappointed that Sharon is showing signs of recovery?

Is anyone else slightly disturbed by this recent phenomenon of waiting for people to die?

I recall my discomfort at watching the TV waiting for the Pope to die. It seemed to progress a little when Bestie was entering “the final hours of his life”.

Does anyone else recall other people for whom we have waited to die? (Thatcher doesn’t count )

Yes i would tend to agree with this. Its seems that they want them to die so that they have a news agenda. However, one may argue that the sudden stroke of Ariel Sharon is the first major story of 2006 and the news channels want to capitalise on this in terms of attaining viewers.

#28721 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Sharon’s back in Surgery this morning. Hospital: “Sharon’s life in danger”

The BBC’s Katya Adler is live in Jerusalem

#28722 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Martin Stanford has whipped a tie on and joined Helen to present from 12pm.

Tim Rogers is in Jerusalem for ITV News

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
Reply To: Sharon suffers a Second Stroke
Your information: