Simon McCoy

Discussion Forums Forums TV Newsroom Simon McCoy

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Newsrat 13 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

philg
    Participant
    #14859 Reply

philg
    Participant

Do you think that Simon is happy with the BBC job? It has been a couple of months now, and unless I am missing something (which is extremely possible) his “dream job” hasn’t really materialised. He simply now seems to be working evening shifts on News 24, no sign of Breakfast?

Also, I thought he would be a presenter/reporter at big news events, well he wasn’t in Madrid.

#14860 Reply

James
    Participant

I think hes good at the BBC. Much better than when he was at Sky.

#14861 Reply

Irishgirl
    Participant

Wasn’t a huge fan of Simon’s to be honest.

I thought he had a tendancy to be quite patronising towards his fellow presenter and guests.

When I heard he was leaving Sky News I was actually quite happy as he really anooyed me. Have seen him on the BBC Breakfast show once or twice. I think he’d have to be on better behaviour there though.

#14862 Reply

tvcritic
    Participant

How can you possibly say you were ‘happy’ when you heard he was leaving. he was by far the best presenter on Sky News. I saw him on BBC1 Breakfast last weekend and there was the old Simon – he was clever, amusing and interesting. He worked brilliantly with Sian Williams who, let’s face it, makes Emma Crosby look like a frightened schoolgirl. Simon will be a star at the BBC. He is Sky’s loss. Leave him alone and talk about someone else who works at Sky.. even if they are not as good.

I miss him.

#14863 Reply

Tanya
    Participant

Simon went much further with his jokes and spontaneous compared to other presenters on Sky and that is what made him so unique on Sunrise. I don’t know how he is doing now, because I don’t receive BBC News 24, but I would suspect that BBC attached his strings a little bit.

You can’t equalize Emma with more experienced Sian. I’m sure with years to come Emma will also get more experience and have no problems to deal with this kind of teasing. But you’re right, Simon is very missed on Sky.

______

Tanya

#14864 Reply

Stevo
    Participant

I always thought that Simon McCoy was one of the better Sky News presenters and was a bit disappointed to see him leave. I have seen him on BBC News 24 on the odd occasion, it’s still a bit strange to see him there to be honest. But he could be very funny at times and I don’t see any reason why he won’t do well at the BBC.

#14865 Reply

Newsrat
    Participant

How can you possibly say you were ‘happy’ when you heard he was leaving.  he was by far the best presenter on Sky News.  I saw him on BBC1 Breakfast last weekend and there was the old Simon – he was clever, amusing and interesting.  He worked brilliantly with Sian Williams who, let’s face it, makes Emma Crosby look like a frightened schoolgirl.  Simon will be a star at the BBC.  He is Sky’s loss.  Leave him alone and talk about someone else who works at Sky.. even if they are not as good.

I miss him.

Absolutely!! Simon was one of Sky’s best presenters and is really missed. I saw Sunrise the other day for a couple of days on the trot, it was dull boring and bloody painfull to watch. Irishgirl, may be new to this forum, and has obviously not seen the interesting discussions which have eminated in this forum about our Mr McCoy!! A lot of us would really like to see him back at Sky.

He is hands off, leave him alone!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Simon McCoy
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register