SKY Live Teams 2005-2006

Forums Forums TV Newsroom SKY Live Teams 2005-2006

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  SSLuke 11 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

bouncebackability
    Participant
    #26409 Reply

bouncebackability
    Participant

Having just arrived back from a 2 week holiday missing the start of the new season can anyone fill me in with a few questions I have regarding Sky’s coverage?

1. I noticed Guy Havord reporting at the Reebok Stadium this afternoon when he is normally the Prem Plus reporter. So my question is what is the situation with the reporters? Who did this weeks 4 live games & last weeks?

2. Who are the Sky/Prem Plus co-commentators this season? Are they still Andy Gray, Tony Cottee & Alan Smith? Is David Platt a permanent co-comm or is today his first appointment of the season?

3. Can anyone tell me what yesterday’s Football First game of the day was?

Thanks everybody!!

#26410 Reply

kelvintan15
    Participant

1. Not sure about the reporters.

2. It looks like the co-commentators are under a rotation policy (similar to the commentators). From the commentary I recognised (from last week’s matches), I think today’s Bolton v Everton match is Platt’s first this season.

I don’t think Alan Smith, who did the 1.30pm Sunday match last week, did any co-commentary this weekend. I’m not sure how to answer your second question; isn’t there a co-commentator for every match? So there’s got to be more than the 3 you mentioned.

3. Game of the Day was Tottenham v Middlesbrough.

#26411 Reply

bouncebackability
    Participant

Thanks very much for the reply!

Regarding the question about co-comms, I was only talking about them doing the live matches on Sky/Prem Plus as they were the 3 main ones from last seasons live matches, you are right that due to Football First all Prem games have 2 commentators though.

#26412 Reply

kelvintan15
    Participant

Okay.

Well, Tony Cottee and Brian Marwood have been the co-commentators on PremPlus so far.

Andy Gray, Alan Smith and David Platt for the Super Sunday games.

#26413 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

Mark Bolton seems to be on Sky Sports News more often than not nowadays. I don’t know why he seems to have been replaced as a touchline reporter by Guy Havord after only a year in the job.

also, Ian Payne appears to have removed from live football – now presents ‘Playball’ on Monday nights, inadditon to SSN a couple of nights a week.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: SKY Live Teams 2005-2006
Your information: