sky news abroad

Forums Forums TV Newsroom sky news abroad

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Skyinternational 12 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

jilly
    Participant
    #23865 Reply

jilly
    Participant

anyone seen sky news on their foreign travels? and which presenters have popped up?

#23866 Reply

Hello
    Participant

I saw it in Dublin in october last year and Emma Crosby was on.

#23867 Reply

daved2424
    Participant

sky news abroad is exactly the same as it is here, just a different time zone.

#23868 Reply

AnjaliWOW
    Participant

Hello+Mar 5 2005, 11:37 PM–>(Hello @ Mar 5 2005, 11:37 PM)
    I saw it in Dublin in october last year and Emma Crosby was on.

Ha Ha…..Dublin? Not exactly foreign is it?
    The Skynews service in Ireland is the exact same as UK service bar 2 Skynews Ireland slots at 7:30pm and 10:00pm each weekday.

#23869 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I live in Sweden and watch Sky News from here, and i guess the only difference is the time difference…

I started to watch sky durng the tsunami coverage, because in my opinion they were the absolute best, (ecpecially compared to swedish media… ) And I particularly liked Julie Etchinghams coverage, absolutly the most interesting to watch, she managed to be a pro, yet show empathy… just my opinion!

anyway, I guess I’m the only swede on this board, though, am I right? What’s a girl to do, when she’s caught by the sky bug!!!

#23870 Reply

daved2424
    Participant

I love Swedes, where in Sweeden are you?

#23871 Reply

Abby
    Participant

I’m in the Middle East. Nothing different in the Sky News I see here, except for the time difference! We are 3 hours ahead of the UK.

I have also watched Sky News in Ireland. Apart from the 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. news bulletins, the only difference is the advertisements. The UK and ME ads seem to be the same.

BTW, does anyone share my opinion of the Sky promos being absolutely dreadful? Some of them make me cringe.

#23872 Reply

Hullo
    Participant

I often watch Sky News in France on the CanalSat system. There’s no Sky News Active, of course, so when they cut away from press conferences and tell you to press the red button it’s really annoying. About a year ago they stopped showing UK ads in the breaks. Instead, they now show graphics with news headlines, sport, weather and so on. They often don’t update them for hours on end, and they play horrible dramatic music over them and after a while it drives you nuts! It comes as a welcome relief when they slot in one of those dreadful promos.

#23873 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

sweden is quite alright
    I live in a small place outside a city called Ume?, in northen sweden, I was acctually born in a place called Jukkasj?rvi, which is located about as north as you can get in sweden, and there we have a famous Icehotel, perhaps you’ve heard of it?? :huh: right now we have a week of called “the sports holiday” and we’ve had the most amazing weather, we’ve got lots of snow, and yesterday the temperature was just a few degrees below zero, and in the evening the sky was absolutly clear and you could see all the stars, and a beautiful northern light….

it’s absolutly stunning this time of the year…. :rolleyes:

#23874 Reply

Skyinternational
    Participant

Hullo+Mar 9 2005, 08:20 AM–>(Hullo @ Mar 9 2005, 08:20 AM)
    I often watch Sky News in France on the CanalSat system. There’s no Sky News Active, of course, so when they cut away from press conferences and tell you to press the red button it’s really annoying. About a year ago they stopped showing UK ads in the breaks. Instead, they now show graphics with news headlines, sport, weather and so on. They often don’t update them for hours on end, and they play horrible dramatic music over them and after a while it drives you nuts! It comes as a welcome relief when they slot in one of those dreadful promos.

You are right, Hullo, I watch Sky News in Madrid and the music during breaks is really dreadful (i always use the mute button )

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: sky news abroad
Your information: