Sky News Active

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Sky News Active

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sparra 13 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

pjb007
    Participant
    #13877 Reply

pjb007
    Participant

By any chance will there ever be a cut down version of Sky News Active on Freeview?

#13878 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

Sky News Active Australia launches next month

You have to have Foxtel Digital though, and that launches next month… so I’ll have to get Foxtel Digital, although I dont think its worth it just yet, seeing I wont be able to access the digital services of SBS, ABC, 7, 9 and Ten.

#13879 Reply

pjb007
    Participant

Will this be on Freeview though?

#13880 Reply

pjb007
    Participant

I did ask but they never replied I once used the form at http://www.sky.com/news , click feedback on the right of the screen and sent the message to The News Editor and I once emailed news@sky.com.

No Reply!

#13881 Reply

sparra
    Participant

I doubt Active will appear on Freeview unfortunately. Firstly, I’m unsure of exactly how much bandwidth there is left on Freeview for Sky to use for Active. Secondly, I can’t see Sky wanting to invest in developing interactivity for Freeview when not even the major terrestrial networks (apart from the BBC) can be bothered. However, it might well happen one day, but I can’t see it in the near future. Try contacting an address that doesn’t go to the News Centre per se, perhaps Sky have other departments who deal with the interactive stuff.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Sky News Active
Your information: