Sky News at Ten

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Sky News at Ten

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  AJ 13 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #16102 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Did anyone see how Sky News at Ten opened tonight (Friday)?

Ident – Shelia was standing in front of the desk “welcome to Sky news at ten” then cuts to Allan who was at the newswall “Blair meets bush bla bla” then cuts to the LVO’s – second part of the ident – then Shelia starts reading the news – throws to allan who finishes the link into VT.

It was really good – but will probably be forgotton by tomorrow and the show will open with normal openers.

#16103 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

Sounds quite good. Did anyone make a video of it?? I dont see it as I dont get that bulletin on Sky News Australia and dont recieve their Active service.

#16104 Reply

Tellyguru
    Participant

That standing up is clearly a rip off of ITV News at 10.30.

When will Sky stop copying everything ITV does?

#16105 Reply

AJ
    Participant

I think you’ll find it’s the other way round my friend…

Sky was the first news channel to use the “newswall” back in 2001 – something which was crappily copied by ITV News recently

Sky was the first channel to use the side slugs – again, another idea which was recently crappily copied by ITV news

Sky have also been presenting etc standing up for quite a while now – since before the 2001 relaunch i.e. the old 9 o clock news – and extensively used in Sky News Today months before the ITV News changes.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Sky News at Ten
Your information: