Sky News Aus 2006 Relaunch

Discussion Forums Forums TV Newsroom Sky News Aus 2006 Relaunch

This topic contains 29 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Damian 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Damian
    Participant
    #28392 Reply

Damian
    Participant

Sky News Australia relaunch has been delayed I beleive and will not take place on the 2nd of January.

#28393 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

Why?
    When will it now be launching?

#28394 Reply

Damian
    Participant

That I don’t know sorry, and I don’t know when It will be re-launching, I was just told that it was delayed.

#28395 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

So any ideas on when we can see this relaunch? This Week, Next Week, Next Month, Next Year??? My guess is next year!!!

#28396 Reply

Damian
    Participant

I highly doubt it will be next year! I’m thinking Monday Feb 13th, if the relaunch hasnt alreadt taken place before that.

#28397 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

Why February 13?

Maybe January 30.
    Nine will be relaunching its news and current affairs division that day with Jessica Rowe joining Karl Stefanovic on Today, and Tracy Grimshaw taking over A Current Affair.
    National News News will be getting new sets and graphics, atleast in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Darwin.

#28398 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

My guess is February 19th if it hasn’t been launched before that. Sunday is a good day to re-launch and on the 19th, Sky News officially turns 10! Its the perfect time to launch it.

#28399 Reply

Damian
    Participant

MelbourneTV+Jan 8 2006, 11:57 AM–>(MelbourneTV @ Jan 8 2006, 11:57 AM)
    Why February 13?

Maybe January 30.
    Nine will be relaunching its news and current affairs division that day with Jessica Rowe joining Karl Stefanovic on Today, and Tracy Grimshaw taking over A Current Affair.
    National News News will be getting new sets and graphics, atleast in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Darwin.

I dont think the relaunch has anything to do with nine major relaunch, although it could.

I made a mistake about Feb 13, I mean’t Feb 20, or possibly 19th.

But the talk of a New Countdown and ID for Sky News UK may mean that we’ll be using the same sort of countdown too, then going into one of our on Idents, so maybe we might relaunch when the UK introduce the new countdown and opener.

There are lots of possibilities as to when we may relaunch. But who knows!

#28400 Reply

Damian
    Participant

I’ve heard from a various amount of sources that the relaunch is going to take place in April now.

#28401 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

skynews2003+Jan 9 2006, 09:48 PM–>(skynews2003 @ Jan 9 2006, 09:48 PM)
    I’ve heard from a various amount of sources that the relaunch is going to take place in April now.

April? why would they relaunch 4 months into the year? it just doesn’t make sense.

#28402 Reply

Damian
    Participant

I don’t think relaunches have to take place at the beginning of years..

Sky News UK relaunched in October, TV 2 in NZ relaunched in Feb, Channels relaunch at all different times of the year.

#28403 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

I’ve also heard that early April is when the relaunch will occur.

January 30 is also when we can expect Ten News to unveil changes.
    Ten Early News with Bill Woods & Kathryn Robinson debuts at 6am.
    The Morning News moves to 11am.
    First at Five is expected to be changed across the nation:
    It looks like Sandra Sully will join Ron Wilson at 5pm in Sydney.
    Ten want to demote Jennifer Hansen from the Melb. news to Adelaide’s.
    She’ll probably leave.
    They currently have gaps to fill on the Sydney and Adelaide news, and probably Melbourne news.
    The late news and Sports Tonight are being merged into one half hour break which is a stupid move, but hey what can we do!
    Sandra Sully will probably be replaced by Deborah Knight.

#28404 Reply

Damian
    Participant

I think may 1 is relaunch and march will be when they move to Ryde.

#28405 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

skynews2003+Jan 16 2006, 02:16 PM–>(skynews2003 @ Jan 16 2006, 02:16 PM)

What? Wouldn’t they move to Ryde and Re-Launch at the same time?

#28406 Reply

Damian
    Participant

Sky News Australia+Jan 17 2006, 04:27 AM–>(Sky News Australia @ Jan 17 2006, 04:27 AM)

skynews2003+Jan 16 2006, 02:16 PM–>(skynews2003 @ Jan 16 2006, 02:16 PM)

What? Wouldn’t they move to Ryde and Re-Launch at the same time?

Rent might be running out so when they move the current set to Ryde they might be doing presenting from CSO for a week till its set up at Ryde then present from there till the new set is 100% complete.

#28407 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Still no word on this relaunch? next months Austar magazine still has sky’s old schedule and old logo. This is taking an awful long time…

#28408 Reply

Damian
    Participant

skyonaustar wrote:Still no word on this relaunch? next months Austar magazine still has sky’s old schedule and old logo. This is taking an awful long time…

Be patient, things still need to be done.

#28409 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

What still needs to be done?
    I was under the impression that the studio was complete, but the move was what was causing delays??

I’ve heard they’re moving no later than May.

#28410 Reply

Damian
    Participant

They are moving this week, I think, and will most likely be presenting from chroma key from this monday or next monday, and chances are it was the newswall they didn’t have was causing delays, and I was also told a few months back that there was space for one but they didnt have one!. this is what I was told awhile ago, so things may have changed… relaunch is still early may though and defiantly no later!

#28411 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

So they’re modifying the set to include a newswall?
    Very interesting.
    Will the newswall be like Londons, or the pathetic one they have now at Frenchs Forest?

Will they stick with co-presented bulletins while using the chromo set?

#28412 Reply

Damian
    Participant

MelbourneTV wrote:So they’re modifying the set to include a newswall?
    Very interesting.
    Will the newswall be like Londons, or the pathetic one they have now at Frenchs Forest?

Will they stick with co-presented bulletins while using the chromo set?

No, there was already space for a newswall! If Frenchs Forest is where they are now and if your callling the 6 plasmas a newswall, then no it wont be like that! and Im not sure about the presenting when in chroma set

#28413 Reply

Damian
    Participant

May 1st I think it is now.

#28414 Reply

Damian
    Participant

Yup. May 1st 2006 6am. Sky News Australia Relaunch.

#28415 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

Sky have moved to a temporary set at Nth Ryde prior to Monday’s relaunch.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
Reply To: Sky News Aus 2006 Relaunch
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register