Sky News Changes

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Sky News Changes

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  HBox 12 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #22534 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Its seems the Sky News Today format as spilled over to the 1-5pm program.

I noticed this yesterday and thought that maybe work was being carried out on the studio, but the same thing today, all from the newsroom.

#22535 Reply

st1407
    Participant

So, when will other changes be made at SKY News? New studios, graphics, etc.?

#22536 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

June/July is the latest i’m hearing

#22537 Reply

crazyfj
    Participant

Johnnie+Jan 11 2005, 01:20 PM–>(Johnnie @ Jan 11 2005, 01:20 PM)

I noticed this yesterday and thought that maybe work was being carried out on the studio, but the same thing today, all from the newsroom.

Don’t like the style at all, like Sky News Today but it does not work on Sunrise or 1 -5pm section. The Newswall is tired and old, there is nothing wrong with two presenters sitting behind a desk!

#22538 Reply

Easty
    Participant

crazyfj+Jan 12 2005, 06:08 PM–>(crazyfj @ Jan 12 2005, 06:08 PM)

Johnnie+Jan 11 2005, 01:20 PM–>(Johnnie @ Jan 11 2005, 01:20 PM)

Don’t like the style at all, like Sky News Today but it does not work on Sunrise or 1 -5pm section. The Newswall is tired and old, there is nothing wrong with two presenters sitting behind a desk!

I agree. Sunrise should be made to be behind the desk again.

Sky News Today should be extended from 10 till 5 with the presenters still changing at 1pm.

Surely Kay will not approve of being forced to stand?

#22539 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Juliette was miles better with Mark today than Kay ever is/was.

#22540 Reply

AJ
    Participant

I’ve read on TVForum that the producer from Sky News Today has moved to the 1pm-5pm slot to help with the transition.

It is also said that work has been started on a complete new graphics package for Sky News which will come into force when they move to the new studios.

These graphics are said to be state of the art – although nothing is known about what they look like at this stage.

#22541 Reply

kev667
    Participant

New sportsline graphics+music.

at 1225ish today, a new intro was used to the sport. very nice looking graphics that i can’t explain.. ..i’ll add a photo.

..ok, it’s sportsmen/woman doing their stuff again red and blue backgrounds, the characters are white outlined – set to some rock/dance music. < ?>

nice, i think.. it’s a bit loud though, it may wake me up if i’m dozing…

#22542 Reply

kev667
    Participant

There’s also this, if anyone finds it interesting..?

And yep, I noticed Mark was standing up a lot more after 1pm yesterday…! He and Kay need to build their leg muscles, surely… sitting down for about a decade now.

#22543 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

Kay is type of woman to have a personel trainer, i’m sure her legs are fine.

#22544 Reply

AJ
    Participant

I noticed another new map graphic used earlier can’t remember what story it was, but it was a map of the west of Scotland – it was a red map against their blue background (the one used for the 2 & 3 way lives etc)

Looked very different to the usual gray map.

#22545 Reply

HBox
    Participant

Presenter rehersals in the new News Centre studios commence in march, with a launch in May at the very earliest. But then you already knew that anyway.

I think the Sky News Today format is getting a little tired, lucky I won’t have to put up with it for too much longer. Logic would dictate that programme formats will also get refreshed in the transition to new studios.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Sky News Changes
Your information: