Sky News Editorial Control

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Sky News Editorial Control

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  tippguy 12 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Harry Hayfield
    Participant
    #21291 Reply

Harry Hayfield
    Participant

Can I ask what the editorial control is with regarding to which stories are covered on Sky News?

#21292 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

Try mailing the news eds with that question, if you can get an address as don’t think the Sky News’ website “feedback” function works any more does it – just defaults to that Sky opinion nonsense thingie. Don’t hold your breath for a reply though. Tip: try to sound like an outraged home counties retired brigadier who Sky might like as a subscriber and you may get a response! (I said “may”…)

#21293 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Largely left to the EP’s in charge of various shifts, but might be discussed in advance with Head of Sky News or or Head of News programming during planning meetings. Whether anything comes from above that, which I doubt, very few people except the aforementioned heads and EP’s would know.

If something big happens whilst on air the EP makes the decisions until the Heads are asked or expresses an opinion, again anything coming from higher up than Sky News is not communicated to the Newsroom if it has in fact ever happened.

#21294 Reply

Harry Hayfield
    Participant

That might explain the reason why I posted this question in the first place.

I posted this when the BBC were carrying live pictures from the Ukraine of the election prostests and Sky News were not.

My main concern is that Sky might miss out on something when the BBC and everyone else has got every camera imaginable trained on something

#21295 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

Sky News UK should put some of SN Austrailla on there programes or at least on active like they do with Ireland

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Sky News Editorial Control
Your information: