Sky News Expansion

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Sky News Expansion

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  eagleeye 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

philg
    Participant
    #18972 Reply

philg
    Participant

Sky News are recruiting new journalists to increase their operations, with an emphasis on Sky News Ireland, and their North of England coverage. They advertised a new North of England Correspondant, and Africa Correspondant. I wonder what this means for Stuart Ramsey, will he move to a new bureau or a different post?

http://jobs.guardian.co.uk/pdf/787242-8.pdf

#18973 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

I would be sad to see Stuart Ramsay leave the Africa correspondent job but it stretches my imagination beyond limit to think that Sky might be sending two correspondents to “Africa”…maybe Stuart is returning to London or wants a change from living behind 2 metre walls and armed response guards with his family in JHBurg?!

Rachel Amatt would be good in Africa if that’s what she wanted to do. However she seems to have one eye on what Emma Hurd is up to in Jerusalem!!

Sky have so few foreign correspondents. And some they have do ???? all day. Richard Bestic’s got a cushy job in fascinating India from where he very occasionally sends a Brit-linked “India” report; and last time I saw Colin Brazier he was swanning down a ski slope in Chamonix (can I have your job please Colin?)

Good luck to Stuart anyhow if he is planning a move.

#18974 Reply

Abby
    Participant

I think Colin Brazier is a great reporter but we see very little of him since he moved to the Europe Correspondent job. I remember him doing the political reporting from Westminister. They should bring him back to the UK in a more high profile position.

#18975 Reply

Hullo
    Participant

If they do appoint a new Europe correspondent I hope they’ll find someone who can speak (or at least pronounce) French. Colin Brazier has done some good reports in the last year or two but he seriously mispronounces practically every French name he has to use. Don’t know too much about any other languages.

#18976 Reply

JamesH
    Participant

Apparently Stuart Ramsey is returning to the UK to take up a new role on Sky’s news service for Five.

#18977 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

Who’s going to Joburg then? Or aren’t we allowed to know yet?

#18978 Reply

insider
    Participant

eagleeye+Sep 14 2004, 09:37 AM–>(eagleeye @ Sep 14 2004, 09:37 AM)
    Who’s going to Joburg then? Or aren’t we allowed to know yet?

it’s not been decided yet, but LOTS of current female reporters have applied including JS, AC, RA, LH etc

#18979 Reply

rob237
    Participant

“……..including JS, AC, RA, LH etc”

Decode please, and……….how do you know?

#18980 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

JS-Jayne Secker
    AC-Alex Crawford
    RA-Rachel Amatt
    LH-Lisa Holland

He knows because he has inside information!
    People on these forums are employees of bSkyb you know!
    Three regular Sky presenters are members of thesite!
    They rarely ever post though.

#18981 Reply

Abby
    Participant

Hi Newsroom, I’m dying to know who the three presenters are that are forum members. Any chance of a hint?

#18982 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

I think either Lisa Holland or Rachel Amatt would be great, although they’d be missed in London – to be able to travel to other hotspot stories I mean (like Rachel just did). I’m pleased that Sky look like they’ll have another woman foreign correspondent. Being in JHBurg means getting used to the lack of personal freedom & security which can be difficult to get used to and culturally after London it’s a bit , well, boring (so boring and scary = quite a combo). It would suit someone young and single tho’!
    Whoever it is has got to be able to cope with reporting from some really wild places as the “Big Stories” that will interest Sky would be like Stuart Ramsay’s reporting from Liberia.
    And oh, have fun with the malaria tablets and innoculations to go anywhere outside SA!
    Keep us posted, Insider….when will it be announced?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Sky News Expansion
Your information: