Sky News Forums / Sky News Centre

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Sky News Forums / Sky News Centre

This topic contains 22 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Johnnie 12 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #21472 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Hello everyone, thanks for your continuing support of SNC/SNF, some of you guys have been around since the site first started.. Sorry SNC hasn’t been updated for a while I’am having some personal problems at the moment..

I cannot believe its the 2nd of December already, The site is now 100 weeks old, but has the stats are growing the standard of the site seems to be slipping..

I want your views on the current state of SNC and SNF, and has we approach the new year i should be making little changes to the site, with a big update in mid 2005 (after Sky News’ revamp)

Current Ideas

• Getting Moderators to help run the forums
    • Setting up yearly pages for the presenters and reporters pictures
    • Update/add more biographies
    • More Q and A’s
    • Wallpapers/large images of presenters and reporters

Please let me know if there’s anymore changes you would like to see.

Wanna help moderate the forums? (PM me)

Any Changes to the site will take place on 3rd January 2005. If you wish not to discuss the site/forums/other problems on the board, then please PM me…

Thanks for another great year guys, Enjoy.

#21473 Reply

Alloneword
    Participant

Mods could be a good idea if it’s causing problems for yourself with workload/preasure, not to mention more input from differnt people can’t hurt can it?

If you want site to grow it might be an idea if some people subscribe to a newsgroup called uk.media.tv.sky and any Sky News topics that come up maybe point people in this direction, not spamming of course just if topic relevant.

HQ Images/Wallpaper sounds like a great idea m8
    Just a joke m8

All1

#21474 Reply

Harry Hayfield
    Participant

Johnnie+Dec 2 2004, 09:42 PM–>(Johnnie @ Dec 2 2004, 09:42 PM)
    I want your views on the current state of SNC and SNF, and has we approach the new year i should be making little changes to the site, with a big update in mid 2005 (after Sky News’ revamp)

Does this mean that Sky News revamps itself after a general election?

#21475 Reply

AJ
    Participant

that is what the rumours suggest at the moment

#21476 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

is there anyway that you could get some skynewsireland adverts added to the adverts page.
    Thanks!

#21477 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

I have only seen the one advert (which is on the Ireland section)… If there are more, i will grab them this week…

Thanks.

#21478 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Guys, I have updated the Idents, Adverts and Graphic pages with a new and in my view a better design.. (also the Ireland section)

Better?

#21479 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

thanks a million johnnie thats brilliant

#21480 Reply

st1407
    Participant

What happened to the pictures section. I can’t open pics on the following site:
    http://www.skynewscentre.co.uk/pictures.php

There is no button to click on it or something else? Please help!

#21481 Reply

AJ
    Participant

st1407+Feb 10 2005, 06:53 AM–>(st1407 @ Feb 10 2005, 06:53 AM)
    What happened to the pictures section. I can’t open pics on the following site:
    http://www.skynewscentre.co.uk/pictures.php

There is no button to click on it or something else? Please help!

Click on the Red Arial Black text to the right of the picture…

i.e. where it says “Images” or “Link”

#21482 Reply

st1407
    Participant

I can’t see this link in my browser.

#21483 Reply

Skybaby
    Participant

I have the same problem – I can only view those parts of the site through my computer at work since I can’t follow the links at home.

Is it an OS thing? Just wondered because I use Win XP at home and Win 98 at work.

#21484 Reply

st1407
    Participant

I also have a new computer with WIN XP. No problems with my old pc with Win98.
    Can anyone help us with this problem? That would be great.

#21485 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

You are not alone.

Mind you, there’s at least one person on this site who knows that I am no compootah genius.

But – no pictures link. There is an images and audio/video link (plus others) but when I click on them they divert to “page not found” which diverts to possibly the most irritating AIM home/page not found page on the web, floofly lingerie ads etc.
    I have Gates XP Pro, like the rest of you with problemos. :ph34r:

#21486 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

Thanks to Kev problemo fixed. I hadn’t clicked Refresh anytime lately when logging on to the forums’ home page. Apparently it needed refreshing. So now it works. It may be that simple for you others too?

#21487 Reply

st1407
    Participant

So, what have you done exactly? It still doesn’t work at my pc! PLEASE HELP ME!

#21488 Reply

GJ05
    Participant

Umm…….Help!
    I have the same problem.

#21489 Reply

Skybaby
    Participant

I still have the same problems with this site, but the equivalent pages in the Sky Sports News section are okay – I can see the links. :blink:

#21490 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

I have now fixed the problem, You can click the image to view the page.

#21491 Reply

ADG
    Participant

http://www.skynewsforums.co.uk

Is the above the address for the forums? I type this add in my address bar and it takes me to MSN Search.

I then have to come to the forums through the Sky News Centre site….

Help appreciated

ADG

#21492 Reply

scottish
    Participant

Like the most recent changes to the reporters/presenters pages Johnnie. If you need to get profiles for some of the other people (such as Rachel Amatt), there are good, detailed biographies in the Sky News Green Room.

If you ever need help with recording coverage of specific news events (which reporters, on which days, etc.) just let me know, I’ll be happy to help when I can.

Cheers.

#21493 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

updated the coverage page: http://skynewscentre.co.uk/miscellaneous/covering.php its now on the image thumbnail design.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
Reply To: Sky News Forums / Sky News Centre
Your information: