Former ITN, Sky News Reporter Ellie Jeffery has died of Cancer

Ellie Jeffery ITN

Former ITN and Sky News Reporter Ellie Jeffery has died of cancer, aged 29.

Ellie was diagnosed with secondary breast cancer at the age of 28. The cancer had spread to her lungs, liver and bones and she was given months to live by doctors.

Upon hearing the news of cancer, Ellie set up the blog writtenoff.net where she details her life with secondary breast cancer.

“It sounds grim but what I hope to prove in my blog is that doctors aren’t always right and that you can live a relatively normal, dare I say fabulous, life despite having cancer.”

Colleagues of Ellie’s have taken to Twitter this morning to pay tribute to her:

Damon Green: My colleague Ellie Jeffrey died of cancer yesterday. She was going to get married in two weeks. She was a top girl; beautiful and clever.

Richard Suchet: Absolutely gutted 2 hear about the passing of Ellie Jeffrey who worked at Sky News. Her blog was an inspiration to many.

Sally Biddulph: Worst news; colleague, Ellie Jeffrey died of cancer yesterday. She was getting married in 2 weeks. She was beautiful, clever & brave.

Orla Chennaoui: Really upset to hear former colleague Ellie Jeffrey has lost her battle with the big C. Her writing was beautiful, brave and quite brilliant

Philippa Tomson: Remembering former Sky, ITV rep and most importantly a brave brave lady. Ellie Jeffery. 28 yrs old. Cancer. Due to marry in 2 weeks.

Catherine Jacob: So sad Sky News colleague Ellie Jeffrey has died. She fought cancer so bravely. Inspirational lady.

Posted by on Friday 18 May 2012
Posted in
Bernard Ponsonby retires from STV

STV’s special correspondent Bernard Ponsonby has announced he is retiring from the channel after 34 years in the industry. He

Darren McCaffrey Images

Darren McCaffrey is making a return to Sky News. He left the organisation in 2018 to join Euronews before moving

Gillian Anderson as Emily Maitlis on Scoop

Scoop is a film based on the true events leading up to Prince Andrew’s explosive 2019 BBC Newsnight interview. The

Copy link