Sky News Ireland Relaunch

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Sky News Ireland Relaunch

This topic contains 34 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  ULdude 11 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 35 total)
  • Author

tippguy
    Participant
    #27491 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

The new ‘Eye On Ireland’ report is quite empresive and detailed. also noticed there was no add break at the end of the hour just went straight to the sky report. they didn’t show the plazma screen at all tonight. I assume they are re-doing that aswell now. think the opening is a bit stupid for sni showing the london studio but i suppose they couldn’t really change it just for one programme. over all well done to sni!

#27492 Reply

newshound_ie
    Participant

Strange, we’ve been getting UK commercials since 20:30….

Like the new SNI. Obviously not as major a change as for news centre but it fits in well with overall look. Fake news wall maintains continuity. Lets see if they have more of the studio to reveal.

#27493 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Wasn’t there some rumours a few months back about SNI expanding (in terms of studio space)? From what I can see that hasn’t happened as of yet.

#27494 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

who know maybe it was at the other side of the studio which is being re-done at the moment.

#27495 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

‘Eye on Ireland’ – great idea – inspired from ‘Eye on America’ from CBS News.

Any captions of SNI opening sequence? I am most impressed by London’s offerings.

#27496 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

You all know my previous critiques about SNI, but I have to say I like their new style.

The 6:30 schedule is a much better time slot than the 7pm as previous to now.

I’m still sceptic as to why they don’t have more news bulletins though.

#27497 Reply

newshound_ie
    Participant

http://latest.thetvroom.com/latest-d.shtml

Screen grabs and opening video sequence of SNI @ 6:30

(as previously posted by Martin Anderson in main Sky News relaunch thread)

#27498 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

OMG Mr. Byrne I’m amazed. ah no its getting better and hopefully they’ll extend their shows. i wonder if the 6.30 slot effected tv3 news in anyway? the new newsdeak for grainne looks good and the fake newswall is clever. can’t wait to see the whole studio re-done. grainne did say in the sunday independant last week that she hates putting the minister under pressure for a minute and a half and would like longer bulitens.

#27499 Reply

singledub
    Participant

Even better was seeing Grainne in a short skirt not to many glimpses though. bit annoyed taht sni has gone from the main site and there is no Grainne on the list to get pics especially when she shows her legs. But not complaining, she should show her legs more often, the shorter the skirt the better.

#27500 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

taught the reporting tonight was excellent. good to see that they didn’t have to take an add break at the end or even during the programme itself.

#27501 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

Pretty convincing victory for the SNI relaunch it would seem.

I wonder how the new look shows will develop and impact on TV3 News and RTE News’ share of audiences. It is clear bosses in Dublin are working hard to build on such a grand opportunity. I just wish that Scotland may eventually get the same bite of the cherry.

Grainne is also a cracking presenter.

#27502 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

the 6:30 bulletin, if I’m correct has no ad-breaks, which means Gr?inne now has her extra time to question ministers and there is more news overall.

Considering that TV3 is unprofessional, has no grasp of foreign affairs, not many good journalists and its reports have a rediculous left-wing slant and RT? spend a whole hour between 6-7 waffling and waffling on about rubbish that most people don’t care about, I think that if Sky News market their new look, new slot 6:30 news properly and if every bulletin is compelling, then they could be in a position to take a large share of the market at that time, particularly from TV3.

I like Sky’s “eye on ireland report”, if they can produce one of those almost every night – they could be in a position to swipe the Irish news service of the year… maybe next year.

#27503 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

Mr Byrne+Oct 26 2005, 03:35 PM–>(Mr Byrne @ Oct 26 2005, 03:35 PM)
    Considering that TV3 is unprofessional, has no grasp of foreign affairs, not many good journalists and its reports have a rediculous left-wing slant

Claire Byrne is a first class presenter/journalist. I think that if she had the opportunity – she’d shine more. Perhaps TV3 must look at ways of beefing up their news and using Claire’s skills. I think that they’ll loose her if they don’t act now.

#27504 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Claire Byrne is a first class presenter/journalist.

all the Byrnes are first class at everything they do. – We’re the warrior clann. – I should re-state that TV3 is unprofessional *except for the two Byrnes that report/present there.

SNI would be a lot better if they hired a few members from the Byrne clann!

#27505 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

its been nearly a month now and i’m glad to say sni has not gone back to its old ways. it is constently improving. enda brady is a good reporter and a great addation to the team. tonight grainne interviewed eamon dunphy before the show at his house and then went back to the studio. glad to see she is been made work. we still havent seen the other side of the studio. have they scrapped it or is i undergoing a major revamp?? the only thing that they need to do is when the reporter is telling whats ahead on sky news at 10, they need to break into that feed and say what ahead on sni. theres no point in us knowing whats on sn@10 if we are not watching it!

no mention yet on skyprogramme website of sni budget special like they had last year! hope they do it was very good last year

#27506 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

i noticed tonight that on the monitor of one of the pc’s just left of Ray Kennedy ‘The Panel’ was on. I always taught they done nothing in the background but I guess this proves it. I know the picture quality is bad but that Dara O’Brien on the tv.

#27507 Reply

carmel
    Participant

I saw tonights programme at 10pm, and I thought it was very good. im sure the people in the background don’t just watch telly, otherwise the programme wouldn’t have improved so much since the relaunch. How many people actually work there?

#27508 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

i know it was good but they still could have the graphics etc. the same as the uk.

sky news ireland will break into sky news todays coverage next wednesday to show the budget. it starts at 3.30pm and runs until 4.30pm but last year they ran over the time they were suppost to. Will they unvail the rest of the studio then???

#27509 Reply

martinAnderson
    Participant

dirkyt+Oct 26 2005, 02:48 PM–>(dirkyt @ Oct 26 2005, 02:48 PM)

I wonder how the new look shows will develop and impact on TV3 News and RTE News’ share of audiences. It is clear bosses in Dublin are working hard to build on such a grand opportunity. I just wish that Scotland may eventually get the same bite of the cherry.

I dont see it happening, unless Sky start broadcasting a seperate stream for Scotland, Sky News Ireland exists because Sky operate a RoI feed, with local adverts…

#27510 Reply

daved2424
    Participant

martinAnderson+Nov 30 2005, 10:25 PM–>(martinAnderson @ Nov 30 2005, 10:25 PM)

dirkyt+Oct 26 2005, 02:48 PM–>(dirkyt @ Oct 26 2005, 02:48 PM)

I wonder how the new look shows will develop and impact on TV3 News and RTE News’ share of audiences.  It is clear bosses in Dublin are working hard to build on such a grand opportunity.  I just wish that Scotland may eventually get the same bite of the cherry.

I dont see it happening, unless Sky start broadcasting a seperate stream for Scotland, Sky News Ireland exists because Sky operate a RoI feed, with local adverts…

Who knows?

#27511 Reply

newshound_ie
    Participant

Today saw the return of the plasma screen presentation position on SNI. This coincided with the anaysis of the Irish budget on the 6:30 bulletin.

#27512 Reply

carmel
    Participant

Yeah it looks great! wonder if it will be used in the day to day bullitins or just for special reports?

#27513 Reply

gsf
    Participant

Are there any viewing figures available for SNI? What numbers of viewers would it get on an average night?

I am guessing 15-20k for the 6.30 and about 10-15k for the 10pm show. Am I in theballpark or miles off :blink:

#27514 Reply

carmel
    Participant

I saw the plasma newswall being used again in the bullitin last week for the Roy Keane story. It looked very impressive, hopefully we’ll see a lot more of it in future programmes.

As for viewership, I remember reading an article somewhere saying that they were higher than that but i’m not sure. If my memory serves me right I think that they get more viewers for the 10pm.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 35 total)
Reply To: Sky News Ireland Relaunch
Your information: