Sky News Ireland To Air On Sky One

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Sky News Ireland To Air On Sky One

This topic contains 15 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  tippguy 11 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

tippguy
    Participant
    #28724 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

Sky News Ireland will now be broadcast on Sky One at 6.30pm aswell as on Sky News it has been announced. it will replace Malcom In The Middle. However the 10pm show will only be broadcast on Sky News. the new changes will come into effect from Monday 9th January, 2006.

#28725 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I think there is going to be a lot of unhappy Malcom in the Middle fans.

#28726 Reply

Stevo
    Participant

OZMAN+Jan 14 2006, 01:09 PM–>(OZMAN @ Jan 14 2006, 01:09 PM)
    I think there is going to be a lot of unhappy Malcom in the Middle fans.

Probably. I also think that it’s pretty pointless putting the Sky News Ireland bulletin on to Sky One at the same time anyway. Aiming for a bigger audience is one thing, but if people actually wanted to watch the news at 6.30pm they’d turn over to Sky News. As any multi-channel providers over here that carry Sky One would also carry Sky News, so I think duplication of that broadcast is unneccessary.

Personally, it’s the switch of the Sky News Ireland bulletin to 6.30pm from 7.00pm that has annoyed me, as I miss Sportsline now! But that’s another matter…..

#28727 Reply

daved2424
    Participant

It’s not a duplication in the UK is it?

#28728 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

no its just for Ireland

i know its kind of pointless but sky three show live at five at the same time as sky news. i don’t understand why both sky one and sky news at 6.30pm are showing the exact same adverts. surely they’d make more money if they had seperate ad’s

#28729 Reply

daved2424
    Participant

Wow, that is retarded.

#28730 Reply

carmel
    Participant

I suppose they are probably doing it to catch the audience watching both channels at that time. Pretty clever really as they get people watching who didn’t watch before and people are more likely to stay watching the news on Sky One at that time than switching to RTE if they have been watching there already. That’s exactly what Live at Five are trying to do on Sky Three. And really Sky One is more of a main channel than Sky Three.

#28731 Reply

carmel
    Participant

Its not a stupid idea – whatever is the best tactics to get more viewers in is always a good idea. fair play to them. Its called marketing!! There are plenty of other channels that Malcolm in the Middle can be viewed on. The powers that be in SN UK must have faith in their collegues across the water if they have sacrificed losing viewers from such a popular comedy show in order to facilitate SNI to be simultaneously broadcast. At least they’re moving a bit more into promoting SNI – thats what it needs, lots of advertising. it would be interesting to see what the ratings would be and what the critics would say if they did an advertising blitz for a little while. Does anyone know why they dont seem to advertise? Unlike TV3 or RTE you never see their brand on any of their reporters microphones or on their vans or anything. Surely this is free advertising – are they cutting off their nose to spite their face??

#28732 Reply

gsf
    Participant

Intresting snippet from today’s Irish Independent:

Since Sky News has included its bulletin at 6.30pm on Sky One, the viewer numbers have increased to a total of 30,000 viewers. The number watching on Sky News is up to 12,000, while 18,000 are now watching on Sky One.

#28733 Reply

panorama
    Participant

I was wondering why even tho she slloks really good and very professional why is Grainne using paper for reading news and not the computer sitting beside her. it makes it look a little outdated on sky news. I wonder is it that she cant use the computer or y does she not have one especially when she is at the big screen in ireland

#28734 Reply

newshound_ie
    Participant

All news readers have paper notes as a backup to auto-cue / computer. Watch RTE / BBC / ITV / SKY more closely. There’re a little less obvious when at the desk in Sky news centre, due to it’s size.

#28735 Reply

carmel
    Participant

newshound_ie wrote:All news readers have paper notes as a backup to auto-cue / computer. Watch RTE / BBC / ITV / SKY more closely. There’re a little less obvious when at the desk in Sky news centre, due to it’s size.

Speaking of which, why does Grainne not have a hand-held computer when she presents in Dublin as well as the paper?

#28736 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

probally because theres no use for it. with sky news today the news changes minute by minute but in sni they follow a script

#28737 Reply

carmel
    Participant

I’m sure they have last minute changes in Ireland. You must be very naive if you think that doesn’t happen.

#28738 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

i know it happens but not as frequently as other sky programmes. they have more of a need for it.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
Reply To: Sky News Ireland To Air On Sky One
Your information: