Sky News Nominated For Emmy

Discussion Forums Forums TV Newsroom Sky News Nominated For Emmy

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Skybaby 12 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Skybaby
    Participant
    #18287 Reply

Skybaby
    Participant

According to Media Guardian, Sky News is up for an Emmy Award this year.

The nomination is for Africa correspondent Stuart Ramsay’s coverage of the battle last year between the Liberian government and rebel forces for the capital Monrovia.

Channel 4 News is also nominated for its coverage of the Madrid bombings, which was presented by frontman Jon Snow.

#18288 Reply

Skybaby
    Participant

I’m back, front and side to side. Down under is fine, except no one wants to employ me – well, I had a job telemarketing but they fired me after four days because I wasn’t selling enough little booklet things. Not my fault if the people in Canberra are grumpy old farts. <_ <

Well, better stop wasting what little money I have left in this Internet cafe and get back to the job hunt… *sigh* And you lot get back to discussing Sky News.

#18289 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

SkyB! Hello from a fellow wanderer….btw your signature’s not right. Being an emotionally sensitive being in this world means you need lots of medication and other alcoholic beverages – all in moderation of course. he he

#18290 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

Skybaby+Aug 3 2004, 11:14 AM–>(Skybaby @ Aug 3 2004, 11:14 AM)
    I’m back, front and side to side. Down under is fine, except no one wants to employ me – well, I had a job telemarketing but they fired me after four days because I wasn’t selling enough little booklet things. Not my fault if the people in Canberra are grumpy old farts. <_ <

Well, better stop wasting what little money I have left in this Internet cafe and get back to the job hunt… *sigh* And you lot get back to discussing Sky News.

What are you doing in this great land???

Canberra… there’s your problem. They;re all bureaucrats & well educated in a city of only 350,000.
    Telemarketing would be more succesful in Sydney or Melb. 3.8million +!

#18291 Reply

Skybaby
    Participant

Something like 90% of people in Canberra are government employees, aren’t they? Or so I’ve been told.

I’m in Oz because I have nothing better to do with my life at the moment Thought that if you were going to do nothing for a year, may as well go somewhere nice. Staying with family friends just out of Brisbane for most of the time. Plan was to get a job for a few weeks, but no one up here wants to employ me for such a short period of time (visa restrictions) – not even at McDonalds! I mean, who the heck works at Maccas for more than three months?! :huh:

So, at this point in time, the choice is; either go home early – which I really don’t want to do – or pop down to Sydney earlier than planned and try my luck there. It’d be a risk, because I’ll be spending money that I really didn’t want to spend (my megre savings back home), but I guess you’re only young once, etc. I know how I’d feel if I went home… Today is decision day, in fact! :unsure: Think I’m going to take the plunge and travel south, even if it only ends up giving me an extra fortnight in Australia. At least I can say I tried.

eagleeye – beer in moderation still gives you a belly! Damn rugby.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Sky News Nominated For Emmy
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register