Sky News Room 101

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Sky News Room 101

This topic contains 29 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Johnnie 13 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • Author

kerry
    Participant
    #14867 Reply

kerry
    Participant

If you had the chance to banish something from Sky News to the depth of Room 101 what would they be?

pole cam and the current music

yours?

#14868 Reply

AJ
    Participant

I disagree with you completely there.

I like the new music – it suits the channel in my opinion. The pole cam is also a great addition as it gives loads of new camera angles which weren’t possible before.

I’d banish Littlejohn to room 101

#14869 Reply

edofis
    Participant

littlejohn and francis wilson

#14870 Reply

Stevo
    Participant

Nah, I’d keep Richard Littlejohn, as he is the highlight of the evening. He takes no prisoners and tells it as it is, and if people don’t like it he doesn’t give a damn! Great stuff.

Banishing something from Sky News? Hmmm…. that’s actually a hard one. So I’ll be boring and agree with edofis on Francis Wilson. As that would mean more Lisa Burke on our screen!

#14871 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

Id get rid of Sky News Australia’s management and replace them with a team able to get stuff done.

#14872 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Littlejohn. No contest!

#14873 Reply

pjb007
    Participant

I would put nothing from Sky News into Room 101, the only thing I don’t like is that there is no Interactive (even a basic interactive) on Freeview, and my emails to them go unanswered.

Sky news is the best.

#14874 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Hazle Westwood Lisa Holland Jane Secker and the adverts

#14875 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

All the people who decided not to reply to their loyal (paying!) public’s emails but send them an auto response invitation to join the inane and intensely boring ‘forum’ instead.

#14876 Reply

Newsrat
    Participant

No I disagree.  We must get rid of frosty Julliette Foster.  More of Viv please.

Julliette Foster, couldnt agree more. BE GONE, I say

#14877 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Kay Burley (whenever she’s onscreen Sky News becomes The Kay Burley Show) and Emma Crosby (for her awful diction and word-mangling tendencies!)

#14878 Reply

Alloneword
    Participant

I guess me and paellataffy won’t be getting on then

I’d banish the guy (or girl) that keeps allowing Kay to have so much time off, I mean half the time she’s not there, must be part time contract she’s on nowadays

#14879 Reply

Stevo
    Participant

whenever she’s onscreen Sky News becomes The Kay Burley Show

What a good idea. – The Kay Burley Show, bring it on I say!

#14880 Reply

Barrynews
    Participant

I’d either put kay on the saturday night overnight shift or i wud put her as a producer or sack her.

For one of the main presenters,she has terrible diction,bad grammar,bad clothes for her age(51) and she portrays the “Im the best “image presenting the news.

Emma Crosby,Juliette Foster,Juliette Errington,Sheila Jansen or anna shud replace kay the cow burley.

#14881 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Come on, KB is not 51…. Far from it.

#14882 Reply

Tanya
    Participant

Emma Crosby,Juliette Foster,Juliette Errington,Sheila Jansen or anna shud replace kay the cow burley.

Juliet Errington replacing Kay as a presenter?? That’s would be something new. She’s a reporter, Barry.

_______

Tanya

#14883 Reply

Barrynews
    Participant

Johnnie ur brill.

but u are not kays nephew…we dont however get on and rarely speak and she IS 51.

D.O.B is 21/11/53

sorry kay u kno its baz here if ur reading this

rena says hi

#14884 Reply

Barrynews
    Participant

Tanya sorry again i meant juliette etchingham.

Marks out of ten on mai and on kay presenting anyone?

#14885 Reply

Stevo
    Participant

I’d either put kay on the saturday night overnight shift or i wud put her as a producer or sack her……Emma Crosby,Juliette Foster,Juliette Errington,Sheila Jansen or anna shud replace kay the cow burley.

Sacrilege! Wash your mouth out with soap and water. I have never read such blasphemy in my whole life! – Kay Burley is the Queen of Sky News.

51 you say? She looks bloody good for 51 so, if I look half as good at that age I’ll consider myself a lucky man.

we dont however get on and rarely speak

You’ll probably speak even less now after the cow comment!

#14886 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

I don’t believe she’s 51, why did it say on the sky website some time ago that she was 42? (was only like a year ago). I’d thought she’d be only 43 by now, plus she can’t have had that much surgery, I only ever read that she had her eyes done. I also remember reading on mediaguardian that she was that age, when they were considering presenters who might transfer to ITV to replace Dermot Munningham. She can’t have lied about her age to everyone?

PS, I do know that Moria Stewart is 50, and she looks very good for her age.

#14887 Reply

Barrynews
    Participant

she IS 51 -believe it or not.

The queen of sky news is ,obviously,anna botting-with the queens mother being vivienne creegor.

Princesses are the two juliette’s,emma,lorna,sheila and paula

The evil witches are mai and KAY BURLEY

King of sky news is jeremy

knights are chris,david,allan,steve and martin popplewell.

evil knight who needs his eyes fixed is martin stanford!

and as for the representatives who should have been there picking the award for sky news—emma and steve should have replaced kay and her sidekick….whilechris shud have reped martin//!!

#14888 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

I dunno why you’ve got a think against her. Her style might be a bit too sexy and flirtatious, but at least shes lively and completely competent especially in times of breaking news. At least she’s not dead wood like Mai Davies, (yawn), and crucially she seems to have good chemistry with most people she presents with, you never notice any tension unlike with Juliet Foster.

#14889 Reply

Barrynews
    Participant

I agree with you with re to mai(yawn)

Shes not sexy-emma,sheila and lorna are sexy!!

she comes across as being stuck up and “know all “.

the sooner she moves to a shift i wont see like news today cos im in skool or the overnight!!

thats interesting that you notice tension with juliette foster.

Who mainly with-she best gets on with chris in my opinion

By d by she has not bin on in since last thursday!!

#14890 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

Well in the beginning she didn’t seem to get on with Chris or anyone when she had to start working with other presenters. Their was a long thread running some months ago about how frosty she could be. She use to have a habbit of ignoring and refusing to comment on what a fellow presenter said, and for sounding quite rude in interviews.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
Reply To: Sky News Room 101
Your information: