SKY NEWS @ the movies

Forums Forums TV Newsroom SKY NEWS @ the movies

This topic contains 15 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  MelbourneTV 13 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Will Riker
    Participant
    #17619 Reply

Will Riker
    Participant

I know Sky News has been in some movies like

Independence day

Mission:Impossible

Volcano

And now

The Day After Tomorrow

what other Movies and Tv shows have SKY NEWS been on

#17620 Reply

Easty
    Participant

Richard Bestic – I have forgotton the film, but it came out at the same time as Black Hawk down and was a military film – any ideas?

#17621 Reply

Will Riker
    Participant

Am I right that BBC News has been use in movies too but what about ITN?ITV News had they.

#17622 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Behind enemy lines

#17623 Reply

Easty
    Participant

Behind enemy lines

thats the film

#17624 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

They also often feature in BBC drama documentaries, (usually involving fake, ghastly terrorist attacks). You would think a 24 hour news organisation wouldn’t have time to indulge in activities like that.

#17625 Reply

Easty
    Participant

They also often feature in BBC drama documentaries, (usually involving fake, ghastly terrorist attacks). You would think a 24 hour news organisation wouldn’t have time to indulge in activities like that.

Yeah – Sky News and News 20 Bore feature regualry in Doc Dramas. It will be filmed in Ad breaks. They do it because it is free publicity

#17626 Reply

fishcakes
    Participant

Obviously, Shaun of the Dead with the dashing JT.

#17627 Reply

newshound
    Participant

One day the award-winning Sky News team might break a big enough story to merit a film. Remember the Watergate scandal and All The President’s Men?

Which Hollywood stars would play Kay Burley, JT etc? Suggestions please.

#17628 Reply

fishcakes
    Participant

Which Hollywood stars would play Kay Burley, JT etc? Suggestions please.

Well, I don’t know about any of the other presenters, but Kay would have to play herself. Not even the most talented actress in Hollywood could portray her accurately.

Her quick-fire questioning of interviewees, total lack of interest in their answers, and her annoying “mmm mmm” that she uses as “encouragement” are something only she can do.

#17629 Reply

newshound
    Participant

How about James Dreyfuss as Joey Jones and Kate Winslet as Julie. You would need a heavyweight for JT, maybe Michael Gambon.

#17630 Reply

Steven
    Participant

How about James Dreyfuss as Joey Jones

So that would mean Kathy Burke to play . . . . . Who has red hair? . . . . . I wonder

#17631 Reply

Stevo
    Participant

So that would mean Kathy Burke to play . . . . . Who has red hair? . . . . . I wonder

Aaaarrgghhh! Kathy Burke? No way dude! We’d need a sexy redhead to play a sexy redhead. Which can only mean…….. Nicole Kidman!

#17632 Reply

news_wench
    Participant

The Day After Tomorrow

But it wasn’t proper Sky News in that. The logo was in the bottom corner of the screen, there was no clock or onscreen graphics, and it wasn’t even a Sky News presenter.

You’d have thought Hollywood would have enough money to hire JT for a few seconds, wouldn’t you?

#17633 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

Tracy Grimshaw, pictured, the co-host of the Nine Network’s ‘Today” program is to do the voice of an investigative journo in a new American made cartoon. She’ll do the voice for the Aussie version.

Katie Couric of NBC TOday fame will do the US version.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
Reply To: SKY NEWS @ the movies
Your information: