Sky News Today

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Sky News Today

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  daved2424 12 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

bbriscoe
    Participant
    #21948 Reply

bbriscoe
    Participant

Julie Etchingham is on her own for Sky News Today. This is a bit strange, as all of their day shifts are co-anchored.

There was no special Sky News Today ident sequence at the top of the hour, just the normal generic sequence and Julie was sitting at the desk.

It seems a bit strange that one of the most important shows during the day for Sky News is only being presented by one person.

Anybody got any info?

#21949 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

It’s xmas week. I’m guessing Julie maybe on air til 5pm, then 2 presenters for live at five and one presenter for the 8-12.

thats what happened last year.

Dont forget the year in review and one on one programs are shown nearly every hour.

#21950 Reply

bbriscoe
    Participant

I must admit, this is the first time iv ever wanted to turn Sky News off! This single anchoring is so dull!

I really don’t understand as it’s not as if the news is slowing down at all! If anything it’s quite busy at the moment. I could kind of understand single anchoring over the summer when nothing is happening, but now I just don’t understand it.

Even Eamonn and Fiona are still around on GMTV!

Come on Sky!

#21951 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

I was out today, did Julie work til 5?

#21952 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Johnnie+Dec 20 2004, 09:27 PM–>(Johnnie @ Dec 20 2004, 09:27 PM)
    I was out today, did Julie work til 5?

Not sure but Jeremy and Sheila were on ’til 8pm, Anna Botting and Chris Roberts were on from 8pm.

#21953 Reply

James
    Participant

It was Julie on her own 10-12, Julie and Mark 12-2 and Mark on his own 2-5.

Martin’s on now – so I take it that it will be Martin and Kay today?

#21954 Reply

st1407
    Participant

Theres is no real SKY News Today, isn’t it? Martin and Vivien are both sitting in the studio and Martin has no tablet PC – he has another PC on the desk.
    Why is that so? Or are they already moving to the new studios?

#21955 Reply

daved2424
    Participant

no its because its xmas, the schedules are different.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Sky News Today
Your information: