Sky News Tonight …..(or overnight)

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Sky News Tonight …..(or overnight)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  guvnorgaz 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

classeyham
    Participant
    #31075 Reply

classeyham
    Participant

Sky News Tonight…or Overnight is much better again in the summertime than last autumn…
    From good (Samantha Simmonds)….. to better (Faye Barker)…..to Simply the Best (Lukwesa Burak)….

They all do the NEWS with very kindness and well-con-sidered, especially the last one, Lukwesa Burak!

Classey……. :wub:

#31076 Reply

Dude
    Participant

Get up, get with it and how does it feel?

#31077 Reply

jk80
    Participant

classeyham wrote:Sky News Tonight…or Overnight is much better again in the summertime than last autumn…
    From good (Samantha Simmonds)….. to better (Faye Barker)…..to Simply the Best (Lukwesa Burak)….

They all do the NEWS with very kindness and well-con-sidered, especially the last one, Lukwesa Burak!

Classey……. :wub:

She’s OK but seemed pretty uncomfortable talking to the Fox lady in the early hours. I don’t suppose she expected to be having to do that.

#31078 Reply

skylark
    Participant

Faye Barker, yep she gets my vote.

#31079 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

Faye Barker isn’t very good bless her, monotonous is an understatement. The overnights are not a patch on what they were before the re-launch last year, a real shame. As for Samantha Simmonds and Lukwesa Burak, they are quite good.

#31080 Reply

Dude
    Participant

it’s like classeyham said in a post before, she’s a cannonball with style. apparently.

#31081 Reply

Musey
    Participant

lukwesa burak is very good i think, and i like samantha simmond too. faye barker’s voice however grates me.

#31082 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

What’s going on with overnights ? Where has Lukwesa gone ? This week’s presenters either look bored or are difficult to understand. Don’t say they’ve made more changes. I agree with classeyham – she’s the best presenter. I miss her dimples !

#31083 Reply

Martin Phillp
    Participant

Can’t stand Lukwesa, Faye and Samantha are ok, I’ll need to watch Orla more and where are the male presenters?

#31084 Reply

skylark
    Participant

Yer know, I’m beginning to think that’s the problem with Sky News, there’s no consistancy, it’s all over the place. The presenters are on for about 5 minutes then it’s cut to sport, or it’s cut straight to commercials, two minutes later it’s bang, whether and associate commercials again.

It comes across as sloppy and un watchable when there are effectively so many what I would call disruptions. The viewer just about gets into a story when wham, the schedule hammers off to 15 minutes of sport.

It’s tiresome to watch, ITV 24 had it much much better, shame it cost them too much.

#31085 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

Anyone know what has happened to Gordon Radley? His departure was the downfall of the overnights!

#31086 Reply

scottish
    Participant

Nick Clark (formerly London Tonight) starting the 2am hour on Sky News. Does anyone know if he is a new addition to the rota of late night presenters?

#31087 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

She started at midnight

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Sky News Tonight …..(or overnight)
Your information: