Sky News (UK) on Sky News Australia

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Sky News (UK) on Sky News Australia

This topic contains 18 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Forum Member 13 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

bbriscoe
    Participant
    #16228 Reply

bbriscoe
    Participant

How often is Sky News (Uk) shown on Sky News Australia?

What format does it take? Is it only on active or shown in the way the CBS Evening News is in the Uk?

Cheers!

#16229 Reply

SkyNewsAus
    Participant

Here is a timetable of all Sky UK programs on Sky News Aust. (for a typical weekday). A third of SNA programming is SNUK. After the timetable there is more information.

00:30

Sky UK (30mins)

01:30

Sky UK (30mins)

02:30

Sky UK (210mins)

08:30

Sky UK (30mins)

09:30

Sportsline International (this is from the UK) (30mins)

12:30

News Hour – International (other 1/2 of News Hour is national) (30mins)

14:15

Sky UK (15mins)

15:15

Sky UK (15mins)

16:30

News Hour – International (30mins)

18:00

Sky UK (30mins)

21:30

Sky UK (30mins)

The format it takes is direct from Sky UK but with our ads (I assume that that what happens with the UK CBS News broadcast). This is on the main feed (non-active). On the topic of CBS, we also get that and that is broadcast twice a day (at 11:30 and 15:30) as well as ABC News (US) which is screened once a day (at 10:30). Anyway, back on topic, one of the eight screens on active is dedicated fully to Sky News UK. So whether you have digital television or not, you’ll get Sky UK.

By the way, do you (I strongly doubt this) get any type of Sky News Australia at all?

HOPE THIS IS HELPFUL

Cheers.

SkyNewsAus

#16230 Reply

irishdeej
    Participant

By the way, do you (I strongly doubt this) get any type of Sky News Australia at all?

NO. It would be great to receive Sky News Australia!!!

#16231 Reply

SkyNewsAus
    Participant

Thank You! It would be great to see that some that we have made go onto British TV (namely Sky News UK).

#16232 Reply

bbriscoe
    Participant

So which Sky News (uk) programmes do Sky News Aus get?

#16233 Reply

irishdeej
    Participant

So which Sky News (uk) programmes do Sky News Aus get?

The answe is 3 messages up

#16234 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

Sunrise 6pm-6:30

part of the overnight shift:

12:30

3:15-3:30

30mins of TODAY

9:30-10pm

Live at Five/afternoon shift

2:30-6am

News at 10:

8:30am

#16235 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Now that Sky News Ireland will be up and running from May10 I think that we should receive some sort of Sky News Australia…..It really would be very interesting to see what is going on in the opposite end of the world!!

Also, MELBOURNE TV, when SNUK comes on generally speakin gwould you watch it or turn off and come back for Sky News Australia??

#16236 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

I watch it, usually. In fact I have been watching Sunrise reguarly instead of the local 6pm news. I try to watch atleast the first 15mins of SKy News Today which is shown at 9:30pm.

Some people turn on, some dont. Sky Australia dont have the resources to do anything expensive, so using the feed of one of their owners provides them with some cheap content.

I actually think bskyb news is a excellent news source, and SNA needs some work. Sky Aust rely far too much on Seven and Nine News’ departments, simply because Sky AU dont have the money for bureaus, reporters etc.

The producers they have also do the odd report. All other reports come from Seven, Nine, BskyB, CBS or ABC (US).

I suppose with only 7,000 viewers nationwide in PRIMETIME there isnt really any justification for much more. Shame!

#16237 Reply

Easty
    Participant

Why do we never get Sky NEws Australia in the UK?

#16238 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Why are there no kangaroos and koala bears in Ireland?

#16239 Reply

HBox
    Participant

This is aimed for viewers of Sky News Australia, how does SNAus compare to SNUK

#16240 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

I suppose with only 7,000 viewers nationwide in PRIMETIME there isnt really any justification for much more. Shame!

Jasus!- 7000 viewers? in a country of what? 50 million? more than that? In Ireland, a country of less than 4 million, I’m sure there is more than 7000 viewers on Sky News Today, let alone the embarrassing Sky News Ireland. – How come you get so much more Australian news when Sky News Ireland now seems to be far more economical and we only have two bulletins per day.

By the way, do you not have a 24 hour Australian news service over there? I thought the News.Corp (Rupert Murdoch) network is “Foxtel”???

#16241 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Mr Byrne+Nov 7 2004, 12:44 PM–>(Mr Byrne @ Nov 7 2004, 12:44 PM)

Jasus!- 7000 viewers? in a country of what? 50 million? more than that? In Ireland, a country of less than 4 million, I’m sure there is more than 7000 viewers on Sky News Today, let alone the embarrassing Sky News Ireland. – How come you get so much more Australian news when Sky News Ireland now seems to be far more economical and we only have two bulletins per day.

By the way, do you not have a 24 hour Australian news service over there? I thought the News.Corp (Rupert Murdoch) network is “Foxtel”???

I think the population of Oz is alot closer to 20 million than 50. Nevertheless, 7000 viewers does seem a little low.

#16242 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

20million? thats all? You sure? Well its still several times over the population of ireland.

#16243 Reply

HBox
    Participant

Australia does have a relatively small population, I would guess it to be around the 20,211,244 figure. But that’s an estimate of course. And yeah, 7000 is really low. Perhaps as someone suggested they should show Sky News UK more with regular Australian bulletins and programmes. Or just make a better Australian service, take the risk, it might pay off.

#16244 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Well I am surprised. It appears we are in the same boat. Sky aren’t taking the risk in neither Australia or Ireland, which is strange because NewsCorp. (Murdoch) has very deep pockets and he’s famous for taking risks on crap!

#16245 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Mr Byrne wrote:

7,000 viewers reflects the fact that it is a subscription-only channel, not free-to-air like Sky News in the UK.

Population 20 million, fairly nascent pay-TV industry with 25% penetration rate, means that the entire channel lineup (not just Sky News Australia) receives about an average 10% viewing share population-wide.

Sky News Australia is actually run by a Foxtel (etc) subsidiary called “Australian News Channel”.

The reason it gets far more Australian news is that it receives a bucketload of footage from two of the local commercial networks. You can think of Sky News Australia as the 24-hour service of the newsrooms of both Seven Network and Nine Network. Just with a slick Sky News branding to match UK and New Zealand (Prime News) presentations, it fits in nicely now as of yesterday!

CK.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
Reply To: Sky News (UK) on Sky News Australia
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register