Sky News Website Changes

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Sky News Website Changes

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Mr Byrne 12 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #23334 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

The Sky News Website have made a few changes, The page title now reads “Sky News Home: First for breaking news around the UK and the globe”

There’s also a Archive section and a site map.

http://sky.com/news

#23335 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

since sky.com/news have links to current news stories such as the oscars and michael jackson i wonder if it would be possible for them to add a Ireland section to the site.

#23336 Reply

AJ
    Participant

tippguy+Feb 16 2005, 10:13 PM–>(tippguy @ Feb 16 2005, 10:13 PM)
    since sky.com/news have links to current news stories such as the oscars and michael jackson i wonder if it would be possible for them to add a Ireland section to the site.

Sky actually own the url http://www.skynews.ie so I should imagine that if they were to launch an online news service for Ireland, it would appear on this address.

#23337 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

but its been that way for a long time now. do you know when or if they are going to set it up?

#23338 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

I’m not too keen on a M Jackson link on their official news site. Luckily I didn’t notice the Oscars one. Can’t they just have an ‘entertainment’ link where they put this rubbish, sorry, “news”.

See, I tried being polite. Slipped a bit at the end there.

#23339 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

there are also wesite domains skybet.ie. skyboxoffice.ie. skyone.ie. skysports.ie. skytravel.ie. & skytv.ie. are sky plannig to do something major in Ireland??

#23340 Reply

martinAnderson
    Participant

tippguy+Feb 20 2005, 06:30 PM–>(tippguy @ Feb 20 2005, 06:30 PM)
    there are also wesite domains skybet.ie. skyboxoffice.ie. skyone.ie. skysports.ie. skytravel.ie. & skytv.ie. are sky plannig to do something major in Ireland??

Its probably just to protect the domains from being hijacked by others.

#23341 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

They have a “Showbiz” link. Why can’t they put Jacko and the Oscars in there?
    They only have one link for UK news or World News!

#23342 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

your probally right martin because sky.ie has been taken by someone else. still i’d like to see an ireland section. the ireland news team could just e-mail the website team the news each day.

#23343 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

I agree with you Tippguy. Sky should have an Irish news web-site, it would hardly break the bank. RT? have a great news web-site which is updated throughout the day. I look at it sometimes over Vodafone LIVE!.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Sky News Website Changes
Your information: