Sky Sports / Sky Sports News – General Thread

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Sky Sports / Sky Sports News – General Thread

This topic contains 43 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Johnnie 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 44 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #34677 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

General thread for day-to-day discussions about Sky Sports News and Sky Sports.

A New Topic should be created in the first instance. Often most comments don’t warrant a new thread.

This thread is mainly for general discussions, day-to-day operations, graphic tweaks, correspondents locations, up-and-coming programmes, and other pieces of information.

#34678 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

Ill give it 24hrs before it gets a music request post from a newbie

#34679 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

guvnorgaz wrote:Ill give it 24hrs before it gets a music request post from a newbie

The website promotion at the end of Sky Sports programme’s has been changed. They’re now done by a man with a very deep voice and not Georgie Thompson.

#34680 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

They change between the two, they have done for a while,usually if Georgie is on tv they use the bloke

#34681 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

Oh yeah, does anyone know what that track is called………….

#34682 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

guvnorgaz wrote:They change between the two, they have done for a while,usually if Georgie is on tv they use the bloke

Oh right, she was on at the time of me hearing the bloke’s version.

#34683 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

David Jones is presenting from the new Wembley today. Dan Roan is also there.

#34684 Reply

The Eagle
    Participant

Johnnie wrote:

guvnorgaz wrote:They change between the two, they have done for a while,usually if Georgie is on tv they use the bloke

Oh right, she was on at the time of me hearing the bloke’s version.

Yeah, this is the only time that the male version is played out.

#34685 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

has Dan Lobb been on all day? He was on this morning when I first turned the TV on and he’s still on right now with Ian Payne. Very long shift if he has been!

#34686 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

He had an hour off from 10, Millie stayed on for that hour with Payne and then Dan came back at 11

#34687 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

that makes sense. still a very long shift indeed – doesnt really make much sense when there are 2-hour slots during the week and some going on for 6-7 hours.

#34688 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

Its daft, 2 presenters will come on at 10 and do 2 hours

#34689 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Simon Thomas is presenting the U21 England match tonight.

#34690 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

Ian Payne has been on in the afternoon with Georgie Thompson recently. They seem to get on very well, and are a lot better to watch than when David Jones – who always comes across as bland and serious – is there.

#34691 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I agree I like Georgie without Dave Jones, although i like Georgie with anyone. I see they have another new dark haird girl presenting, she was on through the evening, not sure, not really suited to sports news, maybe the bbc or some other news but she was a bit manly for my liking & i doubt I’d tune in to see her.

I am also disappointed Alison Bender has not yet learnt how to read properly. she is going down like a lead balloon on the capping site invisionplus. If Kelly is doing work for sky still, she may come back & hayley is doing so well on man united tv i just don’t understand how they haven’t been properly replaced, so bring them back. I wouldnt have minded seeing hayley grow on ssn over the years like georgie & kelly have done. ( I’m stuck on a night shift at work, bored, obviously).

#34692 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

Edwards wrote:I agree I like Georgie without Dave Jones, although i like Georgie with anyone. I see they have another new dark haird girl presenting, she was on through the evening, not sure, not really suited to sports news, maybe the bbc or some other news but she was a bit manly for my liking & i doubt I’d tune in to see her.

i think you’re talking about Alex Hyndman who was on a couple of times lat week. She was on Sky News today – she has an Aussie accent. Oh yeah and there was a ‘Lee McKenzie’ on the other night too, quite well built, with a Scots accent.

all the women on SSN are so dull anyway, it’s hard to tell the difference.

#34693 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

If Alex Hyndmans an Aussie Im the Pope!

#34694 Reply

OperaGhost
    Participant

There is an Aussie hint to it, but rather strong….

#34695 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

She was born in England but lived in Australia from an early age

#34696 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

she has an Aussie accent, that much is clear, so you’d better jump in that Popemobile, gaz.

#34697 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

She may have the accent but she is English.

Right, Im off to communion?

#34698 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Are Dave Clarke and Di Stewart done with Sky Sports News now? I haven’t seen them on SSN lately.

I know Dave’s presenting Boxing, Darts and Di’s presenting Golf…

#34699 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

Yeah they are off SSN now, Dave has done the odd appearance.

#34700 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Rob Wotton is presenting tonight’s championship football match. IIRC he is the fourth person this season to present league football, Jeff Stelling, George Gavin, and David Jones presenting previous games.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 44 total)
Reply To: Sky Sports / Sky Sports News – General Thread
Your information: