Sky Sunrise

Discussion Forums Forums TV Newsroom Sky Sunrise

This topic contains 19 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  SSLuke 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

markyboy26
    Participant
    #33401 Reply

markyboy26
    Participant

After being in London working yesterday, i returned to watching Sunrise this morning. Isn;t it time that a female should have the lead on the morning programme? Lorna is much better than Eamonn, she proved this during the Suffolk Murders. Eamonn takes up a whole screen, programme, time, life etc etc and i want to start the following campaign:

BRING BACK LAURA, BRING BACK LAURA.

I wouldn’t mind her and Steve Gaisford presenting Sunrise. Nice pairing and gentle.

#33402 Reply

classeyham
    Participant

markyboy26 wrote:After being in London working yesterday, i returned to watching Sunrise this morning. Isn;t it time that a female should have the lead on the morning programme? Lorna is much better than Eamonn, she proved this during the Suffolk Murders. Eamonn takes up a whole screen, programme, time, life etc etc and i want to start the following campaign:

I wouldn’t mind her and Steve Gaisford presenting Sunrise. Nice pairing and gentle.

That was then – this is now..

I like Eamonn Holmes very good on my Television – and the new girl, Charlotte Hawkins, must have a chance in at least three-four month. I know, that Lorna Dunkley and Steve Gaisford was a nice morningpair and gentle – but that was then – this is now! The question is so. Who is the best morning leader? Eamonn Holmes or Lorna Dunkley? It is difficult, but maybe the viewers here in the Forum can or will help you? Good Luck! …Friendly Classeyham….. :rolleyes:

#33403 Reply

crazyfj
    Participant

classeyham wrote:(markyboy26 @ Jan 16 2007, 01:49 PM) [snapback]17999[/snapback]

After being in London working yesterday, i returned to watching Sunrise this morning. Isn;t it time that a female should have the lead on the morning programme? Lorna is much better than Eamonn, she proved this during the Suffolk Murders. Eamonn takes up a whole screen, programme, time, life etc etc and i want to start the following campaign:

That was then – this is now..

I like Eamonn Holmes very good on my Television – and the new girl, Charlotte Hawkins, must have a chance in at least three-four month. I know, that Lorna Dunkley and Steve Gaisford was a nice morningpair and gentle – but that was then – this is now! The question is so. Who is the best morning leader? Eamonn Holmes or Lorna Dunkley? It is difficult, but maybe the viewers here in the Forum can or will help you? Good Luck! …Friendly Classeyham….. :rolleyes:

nope sorry Eamonn Holmes is awlful (of course some people may like him!), and you cannot judge Charlotte she has so little screen time!

#33404 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

i’m still very bemused by Charlotte’s hiring. Surprised she left her job at Meridian to host two minute news updates on an Eamonn Holmes show (unless she fills in for him when he’s off?). Presumably this is why Lorna was moved off – it would have been a come down for her.

#33405 Reply

HOWIE
    Participant

I havent seen her yet with Eamonn ?

#33406 Reply

OperaGhost
    Participant

She was on around 8:50 this morning [just after a sports update with Jacquie] talking about “Big Brother” and seems to do a round-up of the rest of the days news from 5past the hour to 10/15.

#33407 Reply

markyboy26
    Participant

Lorna is the best person for sunrise. Put Eamonn on for 5 minutes at the start of the hour

#33408 Reply

Moxey
    Participant

markyboy26 wrote:Lorna is the best person for sunrise. Put Eamonn on for 5 minutes at the start of the hour

Thats 5 minutes too long

Let him do his quiz shows elsewhere

Since he started at Sky I have stopped watching at breakfast unless he isnt on

#33409 Reply

alfie
    Participant

SSLuke wrote:i’m still very bemused by Charlotte’s hiring. Surprised she left her job at Meridian to host two minute news updates on an Eamonn Holmes show

it must be the money?surely no self respecting reporter/journalist would consider a bit part presentation as a step up the ladder.what a shame that she has become too embarrassing to watch .what a waste charlotte

#33410 Reply

vicky23
    Participant

I like Lorna. I remember once it went to the break but it hadnt quite cut away from Lorna and Eammon. You could hear her say ‘im just going for a wee’

#33411 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I’ve never understood why Sky News, which aims to be a serious news channel – although it’s wall-to-wall coverage of the Big Brother non-story made me realise it’s The Sun of the airwaves – employed this pompous buffoon. Get rid soon, Sky, before your early morning audience disappears completely

#33412 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

Interesting to hear today that Murdoch is trying to buy the production company of Big Brother

#33413 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

why is it interesting?

#33414 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

SSLuke wrote:why is it interesting?

Agreed. Who cares?

#33415 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

Because they have been banging on about what a disgrace Ch4 is for keeping it on air and yet the owner of Sky is trying to buy the company responsible for it

#33416 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

guvnorgaz wrote:Because they have been banging on about what a disgrace Ch4 is for keeping it on air and yet the owner of Sky is trying to buy the company responsible for it

Maybe that shows that Sky News has some editorial independence.
    Still don’t understand why you think this is interesting.
    On a who cares scale of 0 to 10 this rates about 100.
    It would be a business deal, no more.

#33417 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

Its interesting as it shows how Sky News often gets a bee in its bonnet over certain stories, another one the other day was Kay Burley banging on about people taking stuff off the beach from that beached ship, she was practically encouraging people to go and help themselves, hardly responsible actions for a News channel, or Chris Roberts with his beef about airports banning liquids on flights and going on about people not being allowed baby milk as being ridiculous, I wonder what his stance would have been if someone had smuggled a liquid explosive on a flight disguised as baby milk and blown up a flight. Sky News is run by idiots

#33418 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

guvnorgaz wrote:Its interesting as it shows how Sky News often gets a bee in its bonnet over certain stories, another one the other day was Kay Burley banging on about people taking stuff off the beach from that beached ship, she was practically encouraging people to go and help themselves, hardly responsible actions for a News channel, or Chris Roberts with his beef about airports banning liquids on flights and going on about people not being allowed baby milk as being ridiculous, I wonder what his stance would have been if someone had smuggled a liquid explosive on a flight disguised as baby milk and blown up a flight. Sky News is run by idiots

I’d certainly agree with your last comment. Sky News presenters think they are the stars, not the news they are presenting. That’s why the likes of Kay Burley and Eamonn Holmes work ther. They wouldn’t stand a chance on aserious news channel

#33419 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

apart from Holmes – and to an extent Burley – i don’t agree with that at all. I don’t know of any other presenters that you could call a ‘star’ on the channel, they’re all prepared to do long shifts, go out on long and repetitive OBs, and come in on days off for breaking news, hardly the behaviour of arrogant stars.

having said all that, i think that BBC News 24 are developing a stronger presenter line-up. Emily Maitlis, Jon Sopel and Simon McCoy are better than the likes of Colin Brazier (no matter how long he’s on for), Holmes etc.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
Reply To: Sky Sunrise
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register