SkyNews Polls

Discussion Forums Forums TV Newsroom SkyNews Polls

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  RobUK 11 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

dustymoo
    Participant
    #27850 Reply

dustymoo
    Participant

Who are these morons who partake in the interactive votes on Sky News?
    Firstly, I saw that 90% thought that 24 hour licensing will lead to more binge drinking & violence? Then I see today, that 55% of them agree with Tony Blair?s idea. That 90 days. That?s three months! Is acceptable to hold ?suspected?, but innocent people without charge. I never thought I?d ever say this but, thank god for democracy. Although it?s a fallacy. Hey, that rhymes!

We cannot go down the same road as the US, and break every human right that is there to break. Which were put in place to protect us all. Protect us from regimes like the Nazi?s & The American Empire.

And for 24 hour drinking? I?ll put this dead simple like. Has anyone been too scared to go for a taxi in town, or a take away because it?s packed full of people who are drunk and fighting? Everyone thrown out of the pub, then club at the same time. 24 hour drinking may make people drink more? But it will completely eradicate that feeling! And will also drastically cut violent crime in our town centres. That?s just common sense.

Anyway, Ginny Buckley?s chuffing? gorgeous!

#27851 Reply

sky_news_nut
    Participant

Agree re: the 90days.

Also agree re: the 24hour drinking laws. The only reason we have a binge drinking culture in the UK is because the licencing laws are so limited: people just have make use of the time they’ve got before the last orders so end up drinking too much in a short time.

We’ve had more relaxed laws up here is Scotland since the mid 70’s and don’t have the same levels of problems with late-night city centre violence as in England.

#27852 Reply

HarryHayfield
    Participant

My opinion re the Sky Active polls is:

Yes, there may be 8 million (13% of the UK electorate) with a Skybox who can vote in these polls, but of that 8 million how many are able to vote when they hold these polls. It’s the same with phone polls.

#27853 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

i always vote in the sky news polls but i always try and vote the opposite to what i should vote
    example: is james rubin the best newsreader ever on sky news? yes/no

of course i will vote YES

silly i know

but im also always right, which shows that the sky news polls are heavily leaned towards the way the question of the day is asked.

the day after the london bombings the sky poll was ” do you feel safe whilst traveling on londons transport system” (or somthing like that) bloody hell, that really is a no brainer!!!
    (of course i said yes, i felt perfectly safe!!)

#27854 Reply

AJ
    Participant

I just thought I’d add that the polls available on Sky News Active are also available online. So potentially the whole world could vote on them!

#27855 Reply

RobUK
    Participant

dazzy34+Nov 24 2005, 09:02 PM–>(dazzy34 @ Nov 24 2005, 09:02 PM)
    the day after the london bombings the sky poll was ” do you feel safe whilst traveling on londons transport system” (or somthing like that) bloody hell, that really is a no brainer!!!
    (of course i said yes, i felt perfectly safe!!)

The tube was very safe on the morning of the 8th, there were police everywhere and very few people using it..

I always wonder how many people have actually voted, when i hear them talking about 70% of people voting A or B early on in the day…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: SkyNews Polls
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register