Skynewscentre.co.uk

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Skynewscentre.co.uk

This topic contains 41 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  AJ 12 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 42 total)
  • Author

hamishnewhouse
    Participant
    #23269 Reply

hamishnewhouse
    Participant

Whats happened to skynewscentre.co.uk?

Is it just my computer or has it gone off line?

#23270 Reply

sir drinks alot
    Participant

hamishnewhouse+Jan 25 2005, 03:11 PM–>(hamishnewhouse @ Jan 25 2005, 03:11 PM)
    Whats happened to skynewscentre.co.uk?

Is it just my computer or has it gone off line?

#23271 Reply

edofis
    Participant

I can’t get skynewscentre.co.uk either. Probably just a little technical hitch

#23272 Reply

HBox
    Participant

Is it me or do these forums seem less interesting of late. There seems to be little interest in them from people, not as much discussion as there was in the past.

#23273 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

I’m sorry guys… Sky News Centre as closed down, I’m currently living at mums and fighting custody for my children, I have no money and cannot afford the web-hosting. Its only a matter of time before Sky News Forum closes.

I’m not selling the sites or domains, because hopefully when i get myself sorted i can re-open the sites and continue working/updating them.

Thanks for everyones support over the last 2 years, Its been great fun and hopefully Skynewscentre and Skynewsforums will be back online soon.

#23274 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

hope you get sorted out johnnie and hope to see you back soon!!

#23275 Reply

AJ
    Participant

sorry to hear about that Johnnie…

best of luck with sorting out your problems, and see you back here soon!

#23276 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

does ayone know of any good fourms simular to this where we could all go if this one closes down.

#23277 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Sky News Forums will not be closing now.

#23278 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

brilliant johnnie thats good to know

#23279 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

Seeing as though Johnnie’s given so much to Sky publicity wise, couldn’t they reach into their pockets and subsidise this website? They read it, that’s for sure!

#23280 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

deffinetely agree they could just have a quick whip around amongst the staff. after all it gives them some great ideas for their jobs, gives them a lot of cedit, lots of cash and saves them having to think of the ideas themselves!!

#23281 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

yup, and every other TV news website I’ve visited is full of (male only methinks) anorakky types – and it’s all BBC with a bit of ITV thrown in, hardly mentions Sky. If they do, it tends to be negative & dismissive. Here we criticise, but it’s constructive; often borne out of frustration with how it could be better.
    Snuk’s own site isn’t too great and as for their PR site, well, it’s “minimalist” in the extreme and for journalists only.

#23282 Reply

Skybaby
    Participant

Glad that our Sky News Addiction group therapy classes are allowed to continue!

#23283 Reply

Newsrat
    Participant

Skybaby+Jan 27 2005, 08:13 PM–>(Skybaby @ Jan 27 2005, 08:13 PM)
    Glad that our Sky News Addiction group therapy classes are allowed to continue!

Couldnt agree more, sky news nutters united

#23284 Reply

Newsrat
    Participant

Johnnie+Jan 26 2005, 06:42 PM–>(Johnnie @ Jan 26 2005, 06:42 PM)
    Sky News Forums will not be closing now.

Glad to hear that you are able to keep the site up and running.

Does anybody know what has happened to Micksworld Groovy Peeps website, it has been offline for ages :unsure:

#23285 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Seeing as though Johnnie’s given so much to Sky publicity wise, couldn’t they reach into their pockets and subsidise this website? They read it, that’s for sure!

If Johnnie is having a hard time, why don’t we pitch in to keep the site up?

#23286 Reply

geordieboi
    Participant

If Johnnie is having a hard time, why don’t we pitch in to keep the site up?

Mr Byrne, I was actually thinking along those lines myself earlier in the week but didn’t know if anyone would be interested. But seeing as how you’ve suggested it here, let’s see if anyone else would be interested in helping towards it? If there’s enough people, even a small donation would probably go a long way to keeping the excellent sky news centre website up and running.

show of hands anyone ??……….

#23287 Reply

Sky Lad
    Participant

I’d be willing but maybe it’s a time thing as well the cost of keeping the sky news centre site running …….

#23288 Reply

GJ05
    Participant

Jonnie, Could you move to a free hosting site like Geocities and get a redirecting site like http://www.freedomain.co.nr …….. This would leave you with a domain of http://www.skynewscentre.co.nr . You need a small ad to be placed on your index page but it is not bad. It is not perfect but it is OK or I am sure someone with a paid domain could give you a sub-site for free. I am sure that they would let you, I would offer but I don’t have one!!

Greg J

#23289 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Of course, I would certainly contribute towards keeping the site open, seen as I use it. I’m not aware as to how much it costs to run web-sites etc or how you pay for it. The best way of doing this would probabley be if we sent cheques to someone?

#23290 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

The best way to handle donations would of course be to use PayPal.

And moving the site to Geocities wouldn’t solve anything at all. The data transfer limit would be exceeded within the first couple of days of each month or something.

And it’s not like it costs a fecking lot to have a website. This site seems to have rather limited traffic, compared to other sites, so a very low-cost provider should be an option. I’m paying under ?1 a month for a 125 MB web-hotel and I think it’s ?2 every time i want to add 25 megabytes of space.

#23291 Reply

AnjaliWOW
    Participant

Kristian+Jan 30 2005, 05:06 PM–>(Kristian @ Jan 30 2005, 05:06 PM)
    I’m paying under ?1 a month for a 125 MB web-hotel

I just clicked on your website man, what the hell is it?

#23292 Reply

AJ
    Participant

Purple Cloud seems to me to be the cheapest host.

You pay yearly. The top package is ?20 a year, and that includes 150MB space, 1GB Transfer per month, 4 MySQL databases, unlimited sub domains, plus 20 email addresses.

If this isn’t enough, then it’s possible to upgrade – an extra 100MB space is ?5 a year, an extra 500MB transfer per month is ?15 a year – plenty more upgrades are available.

With this sort of set up, it would be possible to have skynewscentre.co.uk back online, and move skynewsforums.co.uk to forums.skynewscentre.co.uk maybe, therefore reducing the domain costs too.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 42 total)
Reply To: Skynewscentre.co.uk
Your information: