Sky's Press Office

Discussion Forums Forums TV Newsroom Sky's Press Office

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Forum Member 12 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #20447 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Hi Guys, Check out Sky’s press office http://www.skypressoffice.co.uk

Tons of biographies on there and coming soon ‘the green room’ with behind the scene pictures, how the news room works, latest appointment news and much more …

#20448 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

That is a good site johnnie, thank you.

#20449 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

It’s an offical Sky website, as nothing to do with me…

#20450 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

I know, just saying thanks for bringing it to our attention.

#20451 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Allan King, Paula Middlehurst, Anjali Rao, and David Foster aren’t mentioned in the presenters section! How odd!!

#20452 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

Well few of them are freelancers , so they might not work just exclusively for Sky. Although I would have thought an old timer (excuse the rudeness) like Allan would have his own shrine lol.

#20453 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Well I do certainly think at least Allan, Paula and David should be in there with biogs as they are very prominent and regular presenters!!

If it is a matter of space I have no problem to mark or Kay being deleted in order to allow Allan and Paula in!!

#20454 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

Yeah, everyone whose mug appears before us on our TV screen should be there! Some of the bios are good; others not so great. Peter Sharp for eg gets one grotty paragraph – he’s worth far more than that!!!! I hope Sky will add to it asap.

I liked Geoff Meade’s. Says where he qualified and what he’s done professionally etc and gives some non invasive personal info ie married with 2 kids and a fat hamster called Rupert. (OK so I made some of that up ).
    Mostly there’s no personal info ie is s/he married/single/kids. Is that invasive do you think as I don’t think so as long as it’s not detailed? eg in those Sky PR interviews that someone posted a while ago (with Stuart Ramsay and Emma Hurd) both were happy to give out some non invasive personal info.
    I suppose some bods prefer not to.

I would also like to know why X person chose broadcast journalism and some interview material about the story they most enjoyed/least enjoyed covering/biggest challenge/what they still want to achieve professionally etc.

#20455 Reply

Newsrat
    Participant

Johnnie+Nov 18 2004, 07:57 PM–>(Johnnie @ Nov 18 2004, 07:57 PM)
    Hi Guys, Check out Sky’s press office http://www.skypressoffice.co.uk

Tons of biographies on there and coming soon ‘the green room’ with behind the scene pictures, how the news room works, latest appointment news and much more …

Thanks for the info Johnnie.

Do you know how one can buy a broadcast of Live at Five, Sunrise etc for a particular day ?

#20456 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

“five news and Sky News unveil new presenting team”

whats going on whats this all about go to press office for more info are sky going or r five going r wats happenin

#20457 Reply

AJ
    Participant

Essentially, Sky News have been awarded the contract for providing Five’s news coverage. ITN will no longer be working with five, and thus five news will be moving out of ITN HQ and to Sky News HQ.

#20458 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

The biogs have been written in consultation with the presenters, which takes time. More have now appeared!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Sky's Press Office
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register