SNI In Austrailla

Forums Forums TV Newsroom SNI In Austrailla

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  icurite 12 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

tippguy
    Participant
    #21397 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

Seen as SNAUS put on a lot of uk news it wouldn’t do any harm if they were to show SNI It would be a change and irish people in austrailla could know whats happening back home

#21398 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

Well although there are many here of Irish descent, I dont see the need to show it. Sky News Australia is poor and cheap. They only show foreign news (New Zealand, US & UK) to fill time as its cheaper than making they’re own programs.

I think some UK news is good – 12:30am to 6am and 6pm-7pm but that should be all. Its the Australian News Channel so should serve the Australian needs and only show BskyB at other times for major news events. (outside times ive already suggested).

Sky News Active has a channel dedicated for bskyb so thats plenty.

#21399 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Well, there are a lot of Irish in Australia, aren’t there, surely it would be economical?

#21400 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

Mr Byrne+Nov 30 2004, 01:35 AM–>(Mr Byrne @ Nov 30 2004, 01:35 AM)
    Well, there are a lot of Irish in Australia, aren’t there, surely it would be economical?

No I doubt it would be… If there were the demand for it SBS would carry an Irish news program. Sky have a very small audience, in fact barely 1million homes are connected to Pay TV so Sky News have to allocate there resources to where they’ll get the best returns. Showing Sky News Ireland is not a priority as they’d struggle to find viewers to watch it.
    They have trouble getting people to watch the channel as is, they dont need to make more work for themselves.

#21401 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Well if they’re showing Sky News UK on it most the time, then surely they could show SNI on it (its only on for a pathetic two half hours mon-fri). Or at least put it on active. I know quite a few Irish people living in Australia and if you look at the “Rose of Tralee” there are always a few Aussie roses. Don’t you celebrate paddy’s day over there aswell?

#21402 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

Mr Byrne+Dec 3 2004, 02:03 AM–>(Mr Byrne @ Dec 3 2004, 02:03 AM)
    Well if they’re showing Sky News UK on it most the time, then surely they could show SNI on it (its only on for a pathetic two half hours mon-fri). Or at least put it on active. I know quite a few Irish people living in Australia and if you look at the “Rose of Tralee” there are always a few Aussie roses. Don’t you celebrate paddy’s day over there aswell?

St Patricks Day is not a public holiday – those with Irish blood usually head to the pubs, but who doesnt

BskyB isnt shown most of the time – only when SNA are to dodge to pay for programming, or where they are legally prohibited from making they’re own programming (6pm Nightly).

BskyB is shown… 2am-6am, 8:30am-9, 12:30pm-1, 4:30pm-5, 6pm-6:30, 9:30pm-10pm,

#21403 Reply

icurite
    Participant

They only show foreign news (New Zealand

New Zealand’s not foreign.

Sky News Australia is a trans-Tasman news network, with stations on both sides of the Tasman. And most of the time Sky News Australia New Zealand shows Sky News Australia.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: SNI In Austrailla
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register