SNI New Logo

Forums Forums TV Newsroom SNI New Logo

This topic contains 41 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Mr Byrne 12 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 42 total)
  • Author

tippguy
    Participant
    #21405 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

Now that SNUK will be making some changes for the new year this would be a perfect time for sni to aswell. SNI’s logo is so basic. We need something like in austrailla so i’ve attached a sample of what i think it should look like. A bit predicable but if anyone else can think of anything better put it up. My art is’nt great either but i’m sure ye get the idea.We could also do with a website like SNUK and aus.

#21406 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Yeah how about they destroy SNI altogether!

#21407 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Yeah how about they destroy SNI altogether!

I don’t think thats wise Carson, but they do need some big changes there.

Tippguy – isn’t the official symbol of Ireland the harp?

#21408 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

ya your rite mr byrne if anyone has any other suggestions just add them

#21409 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Why not change the colours to green and orange?

#21410 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Yeah and have some leprechauns chasing a pot of gold….let them think we really are boggers over here!

#21411 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Yeah and have some leprechauns chasing a pot of gold….

– Notice how the colours of Sky News are red and blue – now take out your oxford atlas and look at the union jack, notice the similarities in the colours?

One of the issues raised somewhere here was that people would see SNI as just being the english news with an Irish voice. – If there is going to be changes in Sky News next year, why not change the logo to green and orange on SNI? I do like the current sky news logo as it is and I do like the colours too, I’m just saying that its something that it would be interesting to see it anyway

– tippguy, why not make that?

#21412 Reply

daibhidh
    Participant

Mr Byrne, now take out your atlas and look at the USA flag…and the French flag…oh, and while you’re at it, how about the Chezc Republic. I’m not staunch Brit in the slightest, but I think you can read too much into it. These are the sky news colours for much of the world, not the just the UK…they also happen to be a very popular colour combination the world over and you prove in your like of them

If you want to get picky, the Union Flag uses the wrong shade of blue for the Scottish sections, and has done for 300 years…you can get carried away by these, but there’s more to life…

I agree, SNI isn’t good enough, but at least you have it…so far Sky New Scotland has be refused…be thankful for what you have…!!

#21413 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Mr Byrne, now take out your atlas and look at the USA flag…and the French flag…oh, and while you’re at it, how about the Chezc Republic. I’m not staunch Brit in the slightest, but I think you can read too much into it. These are the sky news colours for much of the world, not the just the UK…they also happen to be a very popular colour combination the world over and you prove in your like of them 

If you want to get picky, the Union Flag uses the wrong shade of blue for the Scottish sections, and has done for 300 years…you can get carried away by these, but there’s more to life…

I agree, SNI isn’t good enough, but at least you have it…so far Sky New Scotland has be refused…be thankful for what you have…!!

Fair enough but I don’t watch it, I’m not grateful for it. Wh would I be? Have you not seen it? My problem is, I expected too much of it and I’ve been left deeply dissapointed

#21414 Reply

daibhidh
    Participant

I have seen it, yes…it could be improved…but at least you have some form of bespoke news…in Scotland we get completely irrelevent news piped up from London which claims to be ‘UK’ news…

#21415 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Scotland is still paret of the UK. Ireland is not, we have our own TV stations besides Sky, which unfortunately do Irish news much better than SNI. If you want to see for yourself: – watch SNI and then go on the net, go to http://www.rte.ie/news and download a news – you’ll see for yourself why I’m so dissapointed

however, if Scottish Regional News by the BBC and ITV is not great, then maybe you’ll all be delighted with a Sky News Scotland. However over here, they have competition and the majority of people perfer to watch RT? etc. In fact I’d go as far as to say, alot of Sky news ratings could be from businesses like a pub or a chinease takeaway or a waiting room someplace that would tend to have Skynews on all the time mregardless of when Sky News iSland comes on.

#21416 Reply

daibhidh
    Participant

If SNI is worse than RTE news etc, then it must be bad

…my Irish friends and my Irish ex all seem to spend more time watching the UK channels than your own…hehe

#21417 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Do they live in the UK or IRL? Well I spend more time watching UK channels than RT?, but not TV3. (If you count Sky as being UK only, I think they make an effort to relate to Irish viewers).

#21418 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

I spend more time watching UK channels(ITV1, Channel 4, Sky One, Sky News, MTV), more than I would TV3/RTE1/RTE2- I would only watch the news and the very odd thing on RTE.

#21419 Reply

daibhidh
    Participant

They all live in IRL…

#21420 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

I spend more time watching UK channels(ITV1, Channel 4, Sky One, Sky News, MTV), more than I would TV3/RTE1/RTE2- I would only watch the news and the very odd thing on RTE.

I never watch Channel 4, E4, MTV – I hate all that rubbish MTV show. Especially those shows with retards that go around doing retarded stuff like getting shot in the balls with a pelet gun or (dirty… something or other I believe I was watching that time – but not by choice). I mean, how is that good TV? Whats so funny about all these reality TV shows, like Big Brother etc.

#21421 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Big Brother is cool…I’m liking celebrity bb.

#21422 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Big Brother is cool…I’m liking celebrity bb.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Should that be KOOL? Oh lordy, lordy, lordy. I just can’t stand Big Brother. I don’t know waht you like about it. Let me guess, is there some stereotypical Irish guy in it? I hope its for charity anyway.

#21423 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

noone Irish init and yeah, it is for charity!

#21424 Reply

AnjaliWOW
    Participant

Newsroom+Jan 12 2005, 08:46 PM–>(Newsroom @ Jan 12 2005, 08:46 PM)
    noone Irish init and yeah, it is for charity!

It’s for charity so I’ll say nothing bad about this series but in general Big Brother is the worst most decrepit, foulest, gobshited thing ever put on tv anywhere in the world. Anyone who genuienly watches that as an entertaining way to spend a few hours has some serious social problems.
    Now, I know everyone is going to say ‘just don’t watch it so’ well, I don’t watch it but that don’t stop me unwantingly hearing about it from everywhere else or seeing it in the papers, it’s certainly a sad sad world full of sad sad people!

This is my opinion so don’t go typing replies to this whinging and moaning about what I said, everyone is entitled to their own views good or bad.

#21425 Reply

daibhidh
    Participant

One point…why should there be anyone Irish in Big Brother, or the X-Factor…or Pop Idol etc? These are all UK shows, not Irish shows, and a point made by Mr Bryne on another topic is that Ireland isn’t part of the UK…so why expect to get airtime on UK shows?!

On X-factor Louis Walsh’s comment that Tabby was good because he was Irish was not only an insult to Tabby’s ‘talent’ but totally irrelevent and probably led to Tabby being kicked off cause UK viewers stopped voting for him…why don’t you do your own Xfactor…I know you do one to select the Eurovision song, but why can’t you do pop idol ireland or Big Bro IRL instead of flooding the UK ones?!

Just a devil’s advocate point there…

#21426 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

because the Irish make up an extremely high % of people who watch shows like bigBrother, I’m a celeb…get me out of here!, Xfactor, etc….we have our own lines to vote for people(even though the lines charge much more, we still vote) and give ITV/C4/GRANADA etc, ??????????

#21427 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Now, I know everyone is going to say ‘just don’t watch it so’ well, I don’t watch it but that don’t stop me unwantingly hearing about it from everywhere else or seeing it in the papers, it’s certainly a sad sad world full of sad sad people!

Read The Irish Times. I think its the only paper thats NOT printed for retards or Cork People.

On X-factor Louis Walsh’s comment that Tabby was good because he was Irish was not only an insult to Tabby’s ‘talent’ but totally irrelevent and probably led to Tabby being kicked off cause UK viewers stopped voting for him…why don’t you do your own Xfactor…I know you do one to select the Eurovision song, but why can’t you do pop idol ireland or Big Bro IRL instead of flooding the UK ones?!

Well we did try to make Irish versions of Who wants to be a millionaire and the weakest link but they failed. I don’t think carbon copies of British shows get much ratings in this country. And British companies earn quite a lot of money out of us with these shows, because people like Newsroom watch them.

because the Irish make up an extremely high % of people who watch shows like bigBrother

Yes, right, sure we do. If you count the whole of London and Liverpool as being Irish, then I’m sure we do

#21428 Reply

daibhidh
    Participant

Newsroom, I think that’s not a particularly strong argument…Mr Bryne is right, the VAST majority of people who watch UK shows, funnily enough, are UK residents, paying UK tax and TV licences, therefore have a ‘right’ to appear on such shows…Just because you are able to view UK shows in the RoI doesn’t mean you should have a right to take part in them or appear in all of them…!! That’s why you have RTE, TV3 etc…to provide you with your OWN national TV service…make your own progs!!

You’re right though, you have your own phone lines so Granada etc can milk you for all you’ve got, but it still doesn’t explain why so many Irish people appear on our shows in the first place…!!

Maybe if you guys started paying ?110 TV licence to the UK government like the rest of us, ontop of any Sky fees, then you could start to take part fairly!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 42 total)
Reply To: SNI New Logo
Your information: