Phil Simms and Boomer Esiason leave CBS NFL Today, while Matt Ryan joins

Boomer Esiason at Super Bowl 58 on CBS

Phil Simms and Boomer Esiason will leave CBS’ The NFL Today, the network announced today.

Simms served as lead game analyst for nearly 20 years before seamlessly transitioning to the studio.

Esiason’s analysis, experience and knowledge, coupled with his quick wit and distinct perspective, made him one of the best studio analysts for more than two decades, serving as The NFL Today’s longest-tenured analyst.

“Phil and Boomer set the standard of excellence for NFL analysts,” said David Berson, President and CEO, CBS Sports.

“We are so grateful for their immeasurable contributions to CBS Sports. We genuinely thank them for being incredible teammates and for their passion, dedication and commitment to elevating CBS Sports’ NFL coverage every season.”

Former Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan – who officially announced his retirement from the NFL last week – will join the studio based show on a full time basic.

Ryan, who joined CBS Sports last season as an NFL game analyst and appeared in studio during the NFL playoffs and Super Bowl LVIII, will join James Brown, Nate Burleson, Bill Cowher and JJ Watt for the 2024 season and beyond.

“I grew up watching THE NFL TODAY so I’m honoured to join this iconic show and hope to continue the high standard set by Phil, Boomer and others before me,” said Ryan.

“I am thankful for this exciting new opportunity and can’t wait to get started with my new teammates.”

Esiason will remain part of the CBS Sports family with the BOOMER AND GIO SHOW on CBS Sports Network.

Posted by on Monday 29 April 2024
Posted in
NFL Logo

The 2024 NFL draft will take place this weekend (25-27 April) at the Campus Martius Park and Hart Plaza in

NFL Logo

Peacock is set to make NFL history by hosting the league’s inaugural regular-season game in Brazil, slated for the opening

Super Bowl 58 on CBS

Super Bowl 58 will take place this Sunday (11th February) between San Francisco 49ers and Kansas City Chiefs. It will

Nick NFL Wild Card Game on Nickelodeon in

CBS Sports and Nickelodeon are bringing the slime to Las Vegas for the first-ever Super Bowl alternative broadcast. A kids

Tony Romo

CBS Sports today announced their announcer line up for the 2023 NFL season, which will culminate in Super Bowl LVIII

Missing Thumbnail

Former NFL defensive end J.J. Watt is joining CBS Sports. Watt, who played in the NFL for 12 seasons, primarily

Greg Gumbel

CBS NFL play-by-play man Greg Gumbel has signed a new contract at CBS, but is stepping down from calling NFL

Copy link