Speeding cop?

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Speeding cop?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Hello 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Pigsy
    Participant
    #25055 Reply

Pigsy
    Participant

can anyone justify why a policeman can be found not guilty for speeding at 159mph, in an unmarked police car, just to see what it can do???

#25056 Reply

Hello
    Participant

I reckon that GNER and Virgin should obtain a refund from wherever it was they purchased their trains from. These trains cannot do 160 mph. They should get whoever made the unmarked police car to make their trains so they can go a lot faster. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#25057 Reply

rob237
    Participant

Hello+May 20 2005, 07:45 PM–>(Hello @ May 20 2005, 07:45 PM)
    I reckon that GNER and Virgin should obtain a refund from wherever it was they purchased their trains from.  These trains cannot do 160 mph……….

Wrong…..

GNER ‘White Rose’ Eurostar, presently on the Kings Cross-Leeds service, capable of cruising at 186mph.

IMO, the London gutter press coverage about a top police driver familiarising himself with the handling characteristics of a brand new pursuit vehicle, on relatively ’empty’ roads, is typically OTT.

#25058 Reply

Pigsy
    Participant

as i understand it, the policeman was in an unmarked car. A policeman once told me after he saw me speeding, but driving safely, its not the speeder who causes the problems, but the people who dont expect to see you speeding. Police have blues and twos to warn that they are speeding, as I said previously this car was unmarked. The 159mph doesnt concern me half as much as the fact that he was driving at 85 mph in a 30 mph built up area, in an unmarked car.

I wonder what would have happened if a child had run out in front of him at 85. No matter how professional he was he couldnt have avoided that.

The man is irresponsible and should be prosecuted

#25059 Reply

Hello
    Participant

rob237+May 21 2005, 05:41 AM–>(rob237 @ May 21 2005, 05:41 AM)

Hello+May 20 2005, 07:45 PM–>(Hello @ May 20 2005, 07:45 PM)
    I reckon that GNER and Virgin should obtain a refund from wherever it was they purchased their trains from.? These trains cannot do 160 mph……….

Wrong…..

GNER ‘White Rose’ Eurostar, presently on the Kings Cross-Leeds service, capable of cruising at 186mph.

IMO, the London gutter press coverage about a top police driver familiarising himself with the handling characteristics of a brand new pursuit vehicle, on relatively ’empty’ roads, is typically OTT.

True, but I was thinking more along the lines of the 125 and 225 diesel and electric trains they operate. The speed limit for these lines is only 125 mph anyway. There’s something wrong there. The police going faster than the trains. <_ <

What would happen if there was an accident whilst someone was travelling at that speed? I shudder to think.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Speeding cop?
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register