Sport on Sky NEWS

Discussion Forums Forums TV Newsroom Sport on Sky NEWS

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  SSLuke 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

sky.dub
    Participant
    #29932 Reply

sky.dub
    Participant

The top story today is that some man might be England’s next manager. I’m sorry but why is it the top story? If people want to see sports news, they can see it on Sky Sports News or just wait until 20 past the hour. It’s made worse by Kay Burley jumping on the football bandwagan – purporting to be a football enthusiast.

PS… Can she go one hour without saying “as far as the business is CONCERNED” “fantastic” “stay tuned”

#29933 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

I hate her with a vengeance

#29934 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

sky.dub wrote:The top story today is that some man might be England’s next manager. I’m sorry but why is it the top story? If people want to see sports news, they can see it on Sky Sports News or just wait until 20 past the hour.

That’s one of the reasons I’ve stopped watching Sky News. I’ve gone back to watching BBC News which has vastly improved in recent months. It has a much wider content, better presenters and seems to have far less emphasis on sports news.

#29935 Reply

jk80
    Participant

sirius wrote:(sky.dub @ Apr 27 2006, 01:12 PM) [snapback]14312[/snapback]

The top story today is that some man might be England’s next manager. I’m sorry but why is it the top story? If people want to see sports news, they can see it on Sky Sports News or just wait until 20 past the hour.

That’s one of the reasons I’ve stopped watching Sky News. I’ve gone back to watching BBC News which has vastly improved in recent months. It has a much wider content, better presenters and seems to have far less emphasis on sports news.

Yeah time to move on. Wait until the world cup.

#29936 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

They seem to be more interested in being the first to bring you breaking news instead of giving you an in depth report,they start talking about one item and then cut to something thats breaking and you never get any detail to each news story.Other channels finish reporting on the current piece and then bring you the breaking items

#29937 Reply

sky.dub
    Participant

It does seem that half the hour is spent talking about the next manager. Are they trying to attract a different audience by doing this?

#29938 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

guvnorgaz wrote:They seem to be more interested in being the first to bring you breaking news instead of giving you an in depth report,they start talking about one item and then cut to something thats breaking and you never get any detail to each news story.Other channels finish reporting on the current piece and then bring you the breaking items

Most of their breaking news items are very trivial and hardly worth a mention anyway. All they are trying to achieve is to make the channel appear more dynamic in order to mask the lack of real content. I gave up on them the day that they broke into PMQ’s to go to a news conference on the state of George Best’s health. I immediately switched over to the BBC 2 coverage and I’ve not given Sky a backward glance.

#29939 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

I agree – their pre-occupation with sport is ridiculous. The new England manager should never be top story – I’m a football fan, but there are some people who don’t like it, and I can imagine they would have been switching off in their droves.

They also have too much sport as it is – 15 minutes of sport plus chats with the presenters and sports headlines twice an hour – (two full sports bulletins an hour on weekends) it’s just plain lazy, and an obvious time filler for actual news which would no doubt be more of an effort for them.

i agree about Burley as well – she knows nothing about football! obviously one of those post Euro 96 bandwagon jumpers.

another thing i’ve noticed is that they never plug Sky Sports News on there, why is that?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Sport on Sky NEWS
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register