Sports Saturday

Discussion Forums Forums TV Newsroom Sports Saturday

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  dan_mase 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

SSLuke
    Participant
    #30188 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

Is there any point to this show? I can see that they’re trying to fill the gap left by Soccer Saturday during the long summer months, but I tuned in today and was bored witless. Ed Chamberlin isn’t that great a presenter and his guests (and ex cricket and rugby player) were as dull as ditchwater.

They should have left it at the usual SSN format. 6 hours of one presenter is too much.

#30189 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

Its shite and a waste of Di Stewart, sat in the corner to read 30 seconds of news round ups, its dull

#30190 Reply

January
    Participant

I agree. I don’t have the greatest memory but I’m sure last year they just stuck with regular day-to-day format once the football season had finished?

#30191 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

They used to do Saturdays the same as Sundays,Kelly and Dave Clarke for 6 hours with the odd studio guest

#30192 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

they’ve tweaked the format a bit today. There’s no Di, so it looks like Ed will do the whole show by himself including the news updates. He is also sat in the same place as Jeff does for Soccer Saturday. Hopefully this will lead to an improvement in the show as last week’s was just appalling.

#30193 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

I think he is on his own so that they can fit in all the studio guests as there is alot going on today,and having Di there to just read 30 seconds of news once an hour is a waste of time

#30194 Reply

JamesJnr
    Participant

having Di there to just read 30 seconds of news once an hour is a waste of time

Gaz, of all people 30 seconds is better than nothing!

#30195 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

Yeah but its a tease! Swap her and Ed round cos he is a knob,I used to like him but he gets on your tits now

#30196 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

noooo, it’s back for the summer again! Such a dull, pointless show! SSN will be a no go area on Saturdays for me now until August.

#30197 Reply

dan_mase
    Participant

it’s a ptretty turgid format and the graphics change is totally pointless. Ed is a decent presenter but a rather odd choice for this show.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Sports Saturday
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register