Steve and Emma's giggling fit

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Steve and Emma's giggling fit

This topic contains 19 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Newsroom 13 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Daz
    Participant
    #16127 Reply

Daz
    Participant

Did anyone else see Steve and Emma’s giggling fit on air tonight? hey couldn’t stop smiling and then they both started redaing the autocue @ the same time!

funny!!!

DAZ

x

#16128 Reply

Ross
    Participant

Nope, but it sounds hilarious! I love it when news readers laugh because there has to be a good reason – just like Anna Botting used to do a shift with Bob Friend – all of those moments were great, I just wish I could see more of them (I’ve only seen 2 so far! )

#16129 Reply

Jonno
    Participant

A week or too ago Dan started laughing on sportsline for no apparent reason. They had to cut the sound and leave viewers to work out what was going on in the cricket themselves. Allan then said after sportsline that it was because someone had fell over in the studio, Dan said it was one of the funniest things he’s seen

#16130 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

i like to watch emma and steve together i think they r soo funny…

they r the best 2 presenter (when they r together)….

when they r comming back to sunrise??????

#16131 Reply

AJ
    Participant

I don’t think they will be – it looks like Greg and Lorna are the new Sunrise presenters

#16132 Reply

kerry
    Participant

I don’t think they will be – it looks like Greg and Lorna are the new Sunrise presenters

maybe weekend sunrise?

#16133 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I do think Steve is a great presenter on Sunrise, or Sky News Today – his style is well-suited to the channel and long may he remain there!

#16134 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

OK, I’ll bite…why are you called Arkwright and Granville??!

The funniest ‘presenting’ I’ve heard was eons ago on radio when someone set fire to the (bottom of the paper) news the presenter was reading from so he had to read faster and faster….couldn’t do that on electronic autocues though, more’s the pity

#16135 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

lol well its related to comedy pairs not of presenters, but comedians. In the classic sitcom “Open All Hours” – played by Ronnie Barker & David Jason! It just sounded like a good combination at the time!

#16136 Reply

Barrynews
    Participant

Poor Emma.It was steves fit and emma had to read his headlines./

Then ,lol,they read d autocue 2gether!!

Hilarious and then they laughed with the paper reviewer!!

By the way why is mai davis now doing weekend 11am-4pm shift?she is awful and makes me cringe.

mai get a hair cut and u wud be great blonde!

then ask emma c or juliettefoster to give u tips on how to smile!and how to deal with having 2 in studio as opposed to the overnight 1!

#16137 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Mai is a robot.

#16138 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Mai is a robot.

i totaly agree

#16139 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

She has significantly improved though hasnt he—she was very good this weekend with Mr Allan King i thought.

She has a sense of humour and seems nice….

#16140 Reply

fishcakes
    Participant

Mai is a robot.

i totaly agree

Of course she is, who else in their right mind would work a night shift?

#16141 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Mai is a robot.

i totaly agree

Of course she is, who else in their right mind would work a night shift?

UR RIGHT, ONLY A ROBOT CAN

#16142 Reply

Hullo
    Participant

I wish Paula would get a haircut as well – much prettier when she used to have it short.

Incidentally, why do the women change their names when they get married? Didn’t Paula used to be called Fenwick, or something like that? And Jacqui Leavey/Beltrao and Georgie Stait/Arnold come to mind. Don’t they look on a professional name like a stage name?

#16143 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Georgie is married to Chris so her name outside of work probably is Georgie Roberts.

But most female newscasters keep their maiden name-when they get married they do not change.

Personally I think Paula has HUGELY improved in the last year and I prefer her hair the way it is now.

Are u sure Paula was Paula Fenwick?

#16144 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Are u sure Paula was Paula Fenwick?

Maybe this’ll be of interest Newsroom?

http://skynewsforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p…highlight=#1965

#16145 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

thanks for that: yes it was.

Although i find it astonishing u have the time to go searching for things like that when it does’nt concern you!

Thanks anyway

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
Reply To: Steve and Emma's giggling fit
Your information: